Misc: Electrical (General) LED Indicators

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If you just want to fix the existing system easily the old-style bi-metallic strip flaher relays can now be replaced with electronic units like this https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/726 which are not dependent on the current flow to work properly. They will therefore work with any wattage bulbs and even a mix of LED's and conventional bulbs. They are available in 6v and 12v versions.
Thanks.
Says negative earth only but my bike is positive earth.

danno

Non-VOC Member
On the number plate and the mudguard hinge bolt are the only places they can be mounted as far as
I can see.
A long, suitably shaped bracket, held in place by the top number plate bolts should be ok.

danno

Non-VOC Member
How about a bracket held on by the lamp bolts for a shorter length?
Thanks.
I was thinking a one piece bracket through the number plate holder for more rigidity.
If using the lamp bolts, a hole would need to be made for the bulb.

Attachments

• 1EDD9644-8E50-4990-8572-55B660263774.jpeg
    1EDD9644-8E50-4990-8572-55B660263774.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 24

danno

Non-VOC Member
yes, momentary switches, but I have a 70's Suzuki switchgear on my bike (I didn't want something looking too modern) The switch is left, right and off in the middle. I have to 'toggle' the switch as the switch can lock left/right. It's not ideal but I've got used to it... even if I forget to switch the signal off it still self cancels after 10 flashes. I discovered this module (ideal) for early 70s/80s Harley that require you keep your thumb on the button when indicating, a major pain! View attachment 47815
I might look into fitting the Badlands module and indicators. Hopefully will fit into the headlight ok.
Cheaper than the Kellerman ones.
Have been looking for a handlebar mounted momentary type switch to trigger the module. No luck yet though.

Last edited:

danno

Non-VOC Member
yes, momentary switches, but I have a 70's Suzuki switchgear on my bike (I didn't want something looking too modern) The switch is left, right and off in the middle. I have to 'toggle' the switch as the switch can lock left/right. It's not ideal but I've got used to it... even if I forget to switch the signal off it still self cancels after 10 flashes. I discovered this module (ideal) for early 70s/80s Harley that require you keep your thumb on the button when indicating, a major pain! View attachment 47815
Thanks for the instructions. I should be able to wire that up.
Just wondering if this works ok with a positive earth?

vibrac

VOC Member
I have not seen a positive earth Vincent, Norton yes, but not Vincent.
View attachment 58785
I thought all rivet counters kept to positive earth as all were originally (else deduct 3 concours points:)) except according to the new testament (KTB) "most series D had negative earth "
seriously I guess all B& C are now negative earth but it aint what PCV intended as far as I remember

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Now you have got me really confused Tim, I thought it was the other way round, and so did Paul Richardson, page 135.