Misc: Electrical (General) LED Indicators

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you want the best flasher unit that money can buy, at a sensible price, very small, easily fit inside your headlamp shell, take a look at the Kellermann R2, the Kellermann Atto indicators are also small, neat and excellent, but very expensive, I paid more than 4 x the cost for my indicator set than my bike cost me back in 1965! But in terms of neatness and safety I consider it money very well spent.

danno

Non-VOC Member
If you want the best flasher unit that money can buy, at a sensible price, very small, easily fit inside your headlamp shell, take a look at the Kellermann R2, the Kellermann Atto indicators are also small, neat and excellent, but very expensive, I paid more than 4 x the cost for my indicator set than my bike cost me back in 1965! But in terms of neatness and safety I consider it money very well spent.
Thanks.
Yes, the indicators are pricey at around £50 each. Four of those would amount to what my Rap cost back in 1962.
The R2 relay looks good. Will have to look into how it works with other indicators.

Finding suitable switchgear for the Badlands module could be tricky. Ideally I need three momentary buttons in one small housing as the horn button is on the indicator switch.

Last edited:

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
the best indicator auto off was on my Yamaha XS 500.
self cancel after a few sec AND turn the steering.
It was quickley abandoned, obviously we do not do much steering....

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
My Yamaha V-Max had self-cancelling signals too. But they worked differently. They cancelled when both a certain time had elapsed and the bike had moved a certain distance. I don't remember how far and how long, but it was a great system. I think all Yamaha's of that period had them (mine was a 1986).

Colin

VOC Member
Yamaha SR 500 from around 1970s had the same as Gary mentions above, if I remember correctly.

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Peters set up is very neat and works very well, I was very impressed by the system and how it was fitted.

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Kellerman also do some very small led indicators which are also rear light/brake lights.
About the size of a ten pence piece.
We have used these on a custom build brown seat brigade special for my brother.
Very bright but disappear when not in use maybe a useful safety feature for touring.
12v dc from memory only.
Purchased from digital speedos uk.

Elanman39

Forum User
VOC Member
If you just want to fix the existing system easily the old-style bi-metallic strip flaher relays can now be replaced with electronic units like this https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/726 which are not dependent on the current flow to work properly. They will therefore work with any wattage bulbs and even a mix of LED's and conventional bulbs. They are available in 6v and 12v versions.

vibrac

VOC Member
My winkers...
1668169878905.png

1668170002321.png