FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was asked for more photos of PR38.

I have a few new rubber sleeves for these, UV and oil resistant.
Apologies if I'm skirting on the edge of the regulations, seemed someone out there might like to know... PM me.

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

craig

VOC Member
I would recommend purchasing PR38 off EBay for fantastic quality and reasonable price.
I just purchased 10ea and they are works of art! Perfect!
If there are two items every Vincent I see is missing, it is PR38s, located in the correct location!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vincent-HRD-Miller-PR-38-electrical-connector-/321213174343?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4ac9cc1247
This man is not going to be motivated to produce these very long into the future. Vincent items like this come and go depending on recent motivation.
I would recommend every Vincent owner buy these while they are here!
Just a thought!
Cheers
Craig

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi Craig, Yes you are correct.....very hard to find. I have an original unrestored 48 Rapide in the shed that has the original PR 38's still in place although missing the rubber sleaves, not a big deal to replace. The ones on ebay are beautifully made and even if they were 4 times the asking price would still be a bargan.....naturally i have ordered some for my bikes. Do you know of any other makes of bikes that used these as well..??? Cheers.......Greg.

craig

VOC Member
Two PR38s are used on every Vincent 1946 thru 1953 for complete disconnection of wire harness to allow removal of UFM for engine work. Please see page MO36 in the parts list you keep next to your computer for daily reference. The location of these two requires a picture which is below, but basically at the battery left side in a vertical wire run. see my webpage for a not so clear reference - http://www.thevincent.com/CRapideDetails.html
Cheers
Craig
PS - I also like the drawing in red cover Paul Richardson's, Vincent Motorcycles - page 20
014%282%29.jpg

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
Craig,

Thanks for pointing out the PR38 on E-Bay. I think the listing is over now with 42 of them sold.

For those curious about the location of these little gems, the illustration on page 15 (or Figure 1) of Richardson's shows the location next to the regulator and the battery. Thanks to the photos from Steve I would guess that these are Vincent made items. I have an original (in the Miller box) harness for the Series C Vincent and it does not include the PR38s. I might guess also that these were a Vincent item because they were promoting the quick detachable nature of the UFM and fork.

David

craig

VOC Member
Craig,

Thanks for pointing out the PR38 on E-Bay. I think the listing is over now with 42 of them sold.

For those curious about the location of these little gems, the illustration on page 15 (or Figure 1) of Richardson's shows the location next to the regulator and the battery. Thanks to the photos from Steve I would guess that these are Vincent made items. I have an original (in the Miller box) harness for the Series C Vincent and it does not include the PR38s. I might guess also that these were a Vincent item because they were promoting the quick detachable nature of the UFM and fork.

David

Yes , I share same feeling David, I think these PR38 were installed at factory and possibly could be made by a rival manufacturer.
Cheers
Craig

craig

VOC Member
I am wanting the details around the Feridax rear badge on the early 1946-47 Feridax seats.
Is there any one who can share knowledge of this?
The badge appears a simple rectangle, and I hear it may be plastic?
EarlyRapideFactoryPhotoFeridaxBadge.jpg