FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Would you have PDF of that, please?
Texas John, The text came from Riders Handbook 2nd edition back pages. I think my post was the exact text.

20220425_SmallCover1.jpg

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
Craig, Your "Early Rapides" page has a line:
Rear guard stays FT22/4 added34123401947
My HRD parts book MO37 shows Mudguard Stay as FT22/1 not FT22/4, which leaves me thinking this was changed later - perhaps when they went to the longer RFM (F3900). Can someone with the earlier and shorter RFM (17/1/2 inches) measure their FT22 Stays and share length overall and Center-to-Center of the bolt holes, please? I would like to compare with FT22/4 I recently got from VOC Spares for comparison (and I have a 1948 B Rapide with the earlier RFM so would be grateful to know how they differ).

craig

VOC Member
Late December 1947 Service letter 6 was issued and factory was adding FT22/2 to B Rapide .

From R2340 forward these braces were added , so the text intimates.

SeviceLetter6crop1.jpg

Last edited:

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
Hi Craig, You have a really great repertoire of literature. So FT22/1 was very short lived, and FT22/2 Rear Mudguard Stay was what would have been on my April 1948 Rapide. Still seeking dimensions (length and C2C of bolt holes) of said Mudguard Stays from a Series B Vincent of similar vintage, i.e. with the shorter 17.1/2 inch RFM.