FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I did find a 1954 Vincent parts supplement listing Feridax windshield.
PR272 Feridax handlebar windscreen.
Anybody have details on PR272?

1954PartsSupplementPR272.jpg

craig

VOC Member
It appears to me that this windscreen would be height adjustable by loosening the four fasteners on the upright tubes and then sliding this assembly up or down.
I would like to see the details at the handlebar for this windscreen.
anybody have photos of this windscreen on or off the bike?

WindscreenDetails2.jpg

craig

VOC Member
I went thru my literature and found a 1965 Feridax catalog.
Here is one of the pages of windscreens.
1965Page66.jpg

craig

VOC Member
PR38 connectors were our discussion a few years back. I looked thru a Lucas catalog a while back and found the page with connections.
And one of the items looked familiar.
See 571395.
So now my thoughts are, that this PR38 connector I thought would be Miller, because it is used in the Miller Vincent harness, has never been Miller, but rather a Lucas piece. So I shopped around and found these Lucas pieces, NOS in the little boxes, and I bought a pair. San Jose, USA.
So if you missed getting a pair, they are still around.
Merry Christmas
Cheers
Craig

PageToHilite571395.jpg

craig

VOC Member
I am like a little kid upon receiving OEM Lucas parts that fit Vincent. Here two connectors I received today, in their nice original boxes, wrapped in tissue................I cant use these parts ....this is a time capsule. The box shows a 10-3 date. Someone care to share what they know of Lucas dating.
20171221_LucasConnector.jpg

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
I am like a little kid upon receiving OEM Lucas parts that fit Vincent. Here two connectors I received today, in their nice original boxes, wrapped in tissue................I cant use these parts ....this is a time capsule. The box shows a 10-3 date. Someone care to share what they know of Lucas dating.
View attachment 18553
Looks more like the letters 'I' & 'O' to me and the box describes the part as an 'I CONNECTOR'. The symbol for amps is 'I'. :)

craig

VOC Member
Looks more like the letters 'I' & 'O' to me and the box describes the part as an 'I CONNECTOR'. The symbol for amps is 'I'. :)
I thought the same of the font chosen, but then I looked at 571395 and I understood the use of the I.
I am convinced it is 10-3.
Possibly 10th week of 1943, maybe 53.......I think Lucas dating has a known history and maybe I have the use of months and weeks confused.

craig

VOC Member
I was able to purchase a copy of the Morton Vincent sidecar photo. This photo, to me, is showing a 1948 B Rapide with all the modifications needed to pull a double adult side , maybe Blacknell.

I am looking close at the details and I see the front brake lever with what appears to be an overlaid second front brake lever.
Is this a brake lever for the sidecar? Or am I seeing it wrong.

I also notice the Miller 8" lens does not have a long vertical diamond pattern nor a Miller logo.
Thanks
Craig
Morton8CropLevers.jpg