FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

Gerry Clarke

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Not just wartime Hugo, I believe BSA fitted these to all the M series from 1937. One of these clever little devices was original fitment on our 1939 M24, shown here in the non-deployed and deployed states.

Gerry

Attachments

• FB lock i (800x690).jpg
    FB lock i (800x690).jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 51
  • FB lock ii (800x599).jpg
    FB lock ii (800x599).jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 51

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Not just wartime Hugo, I believe BSA fitted these to all the M series from 1937. One of these clever little devices was original fitment on our 1939 M24, shown here in the non-deployed and deployed states.

Gerry
I have one on my Empire Star 1937 M23

Somer

VOC Member
Also one poster mentioned the Miller medallion on the tail light. My observation is that these weren't used until late 48/early 49.

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Also one poster mentioned the Miller medallion on the tail light. My observation is that these weren't used until late 48/early 49.
Strangely enough my early Rapide, number less than 50, also has the Miller medallion on its tail light.

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
This is an early Rapide that I acquired years ago. It had only changed hands once. The original Miller brake switch had fallen off. One owner added some stabilizing struts for fenders. https://somer.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/HRD-B-Rapide/
Great pics of your b Rapide I'm putting one together now so very helpful reference Right now I'm having difficulty with front guard brackets FT237 if I put one behind and one in front of girder mounting lug as shown in M030 the brake balance beam won't fit as no clearance of girder tubes I was planning of fitting both FT 237 behind lug so balance beam fits I'm interested how they are mounted on your very original B Any advice from others also very welcome