Misc: Everything Else Cometic Gaskets

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for help folks.
I have ordered 10 ET106 timing cover gaskets in 0.032" thickness.
Please let me know if you want one. They will be about £12 each plus postage to UK.
Bill
I would be concerned the thicker ET106 items would not allow correct mating with the oil feed holes.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Could anybody who has used a Cometic casket say what colour they are?
I.E. would it stand out against a black painted crankcases?

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
The sealing surfaces are black with a thin sandwich of aluminium. The gasket is a much better fit compared to a standard and on my bike does not protrude from the timing cover so is almost invisible, although my engine is not black!

Oldhaven

VOC Member
If using the Cometic gasket on a twin primary drive cover check that the PD15 dynamo sprocket will fit through the hole for the dynamo cover. I had to trim mine in situ when changing the sprocket on my Alton to avoid taking the entire drive cover, clutch etc. off.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
I have been using Cometic gaskets on my bikes for years. They do not leak. I have had the primary, the timing cover, the dyno cover and the ATD cover off many times. Never replaced one gasket yet and have covered 30,000 miles on the twin since putting the Cometic gaskets on. Considering the convenience and reuse factor they soon pay for them selves. I do have a spare backup set for both bikes just in case.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I always put one rubber /or/ cork at a time to see what compression there is and adjust if necessary and one has less likely hood of leak quantity if lapped face to face joints, with smear of cement of a form.
Have seen dampness at times when road dust may cling to but off again in next shower of rain.