Misc: Everything Else Cometic Gaskets

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
How long should a parcel from Paul take to get to the UK? I ordered some gaskets from Paul which were posted on the 12th June but have yet to arrive. Can anyone who has ordered from Paul in the past tell me how long they took to get here?
I emailed Paul about tracking the parcel but he has not replied.
Am I being too optimistic in thinking 2 weeks is a bit much?

It can take an easy three weeks. Plus, the USA tracking system often stops when the package leaves the country.
A private courier is often the best solution.
Cheers, John

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
How long should a parcel from Paul take to get to the UK? I ordered some gaskets from Paul which were posted on the 12th June but have yet to arrive. Can anyone who has ordered from Paul in the past tell me how long they took to get here?
I emailed Paul about tracking the parcel but he has not replied.
Am I being too optimistic in thinking 2 weeks is a bit much?
Carriage cost for mine was $22.50 and package arrived in about 5 working days so I think you should be worried unless it was ordinary post.
Good luck! Bill

vibrac

VOC Member
Vincent spares sent me a part promptly by fastest means at the start of the last us rally three weeks later it still hadn't arrived I went back to uk a month later the kind organiser received it and sent it back UK customs charged me £16 to retrieve it Vincent spares took it back.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Twice in the '80's, I mailed Ron Kemp orders for gaskets or some small items and the packages arrived just eight days later. Ah, the good old days!

bodlan

VOC Member
Paul has emailed me to say that he has had parcels take up to a month to arrive. Suspects they get held up in UK customs.
I can see them now, asking themselves, "gaskets, what are gaskets"

bodlan

VOC Member
My gaskets arrived today. The bloody customs added a VAT charge though plus a handling fee from Royal Mail. Extra £19.59!
Before I get on to the complaints department can any other recipient of gaskets from the USA say whether they have had the same problem?
I have bought seals from Australia with no extra charge added. Similar value as well.

nkt267

VOC Member
did the cost of the parts + postage exceed £15. I think that that is the magic price. Also you got charged £8 for the joy of the people who process the cost charging you, but that should be in the£19.59

bodlan

VOC Member
That's right. Apparently it is HMRC Notice 143. I've just checked it out on their website.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
When I bought parts from Terry Prince, he described them as antique bike parts on the customs label. There were no customs or v a t to pay. Maybe there is a lesson here.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Another nifty wheeze is happening in the land of OZ. Any motorcycles or parts that contain asbestos are likely to be impounded and/or stripped of the offending material, at eye-watering cost.