Misc: Everything Else Cometic Gaskets

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My gaskets arrived today. The bloody customs added a VAT charge though plus a handling fee from Royal Mail. Extra £19.59!
Before I get on to the complaints department can any other recipient of gaskets from the USA say whether they have had the same problem?
I have bought seals from Australia with no extra charge added. Similar value as well.
Its a great pity we cannot get a bulk order to the UK I know Vincent Spares would be happy to stock them.

Albervin

VOC Member
Its a great pity we cannot get a bulk order to the UK I know Vincent Spares would be happy to stock them.
It has always seemed strange that the VOCS does not stock some really good innovative parts. Parts from Neal Videan, Terry Prince and others. I was once told by your Managing Director that VOCS will not stock non original parts!?!?!? That is obviously a falsehood as 8" brakes and modified banjo bolts are a dead give-away. Cometic gaskets are awesome and better than anything the VOCS sells. This seems to perpetuate the feeling that there is a "them and us" mentality. I am way beyond that and buy what is best for my bike(s). The VOCS has made leaps and bounds in the last ten years but there is a lot more to do. Maybe the MD needs to look further than the coast of the UK.?!?!

Albervin

VOC Member
Another nifty wheeze is happening in the land of OZ. Any motorcycles or parts that contain asbestos are likely to be impounded and/or stripped of the offending material, at eye-watering cost.
Not with my machine. It had AM4 linings and MS4 linings in the brakes. Flown into Sydney and cleared in four days.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I bought five of the left over stock of someone who bought ten in from the USA to help us all and was left with nine. Four of my five went as soon as seen and there are others who would like some more. Both timing cover (ET106), twin primary (PD14) and one request for a primary for a Comet if such exists. If someone is going to import a batch then I will guarantee to buy eight or ten ET106 and ten PD 14s.. PM me and lets get this in as one batch. If people are hesitating then I can do the importing but there is no point duplicating someone else's work.