Misc: Everything Else Cometic Gaskets

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The gaskets are cut from a materials identified as AFM, a chemically blown, compounded nitrile synthetic rubber, bonded to an aluminum core with temperature resistance of over 2500 F. and does not require gasket sealers or silicone bead. Re-torque is NOT required.

Paul offers kits for the post war comet($64.20), and twins($52.46- $72.34 w/base gaskets).

The twin kit w/base gaskets includes:ET106, PD14, ET105, 2 each ET102, ET182/1, ET180l and 2 each ET181.-

The Comet kit includes: ET181,ET180,ET182/1,ET106, PD14/1, E106.

ET 102 base gaskets $9.94 ea. thickness .012". Made Aramid Fiber a premium hi-temperature creep resistant material that requires no re-tourquing and is fuel resistant, asbestos free and require no additional sealants.

If the bike has a wet clutch a Derby cover gasket(PD 140 $14.56)- 'cut' for the C/D models, and 'un-cut' (round) for the B series, is available.

The ET 106 is supplied in .032" thickness, but is available upon request in .060" thickness. All other gaskets are supplied in .060" thickness

The pricing noted may be outdated - I cut and pasted it from an email that I received a couple of years ago..Please contact Paul for current pricing

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
The gaskets are cut from a materials identified as AFM, a chemically blown, compounded nitrile synthetic rubber, bonded to an aluminum core with temperature resistance of over 2500 F. and does not require gasket sealers or silicone bead. Re-torque is NOT required.

Paul offers kits for the post war comet($64.20), and twins($52.46- $72.34 w/base gaskets).

The twin kit w/base gaskets includes:ET106, PD14, ET105, 2 each ET102, ET182/1, ET180l and 2 each ET181.-

The Comet kit includes: ET181,ET180,ET182/1,ET106, PD14/1, E106.

ET 102 base gaskets $9.94 ea. thickness .012". Made Aramid Fiber a premium hi-temperature creep resistant material that requires no re-tourquing and is fuel resistant, asbestos free and require no additional sealants.

If the bike has a wet clutch a Derby cover gasket(PD 140 $14.56)- 'cut' for the C/D models, and 'un-cut' (round) for the B series, is available.

The ET 106 is supplied in .032" thickness, but is available upon request in .060" thickness. All other gaskets are supplied in .060" thickness

The pricing noted may be outdated - I cut and pasted it from an email that I received a couple of years ago..Please contact Paul for current pricing
If you do a trial fit then you cut the excess material off with a sharp blade and if necessary use a fine file to get the perfect edge. Together with the Neal Videan oil seals
and Three Bond crankcase sealant I have a totally oil tight engine and gearbox on my Rapide. I organised a group buy for NSW members to reduce overall cost and had
no trouble obtaining six people. They may seem expensive but because they can be re-used several times they are a bargain. I did smear mine with some oil out of habit
but probably not necessary.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
An email from Paul Holdsworth answering my question re:gasket sealant....

Hello Bob

No, no sealant is necessary.

good luck!

Paul

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Thanks for help folks.
I have ordered 10 ET106 timing cover gaskets in 0.032" thickness.
Please let me know if you want one. They will be about £12 each plus postage to UK.
Bill

bodlan

VOC Member
How long should a parcel from Paul take to get to the UK? I ordered some gaskets from Paul which were posted on the 12th June but have yet to arrive. Can anyone who has ordered from Paul in the past tell me how long they took to get here?
I emailed Paul about tracking the parcel but he has not replied.
Am I being too optimistic in thinking 2 weeks is a bit much?