Best input sought to update front and rear suspension ?

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Sid and Rip,

While it is interesting, even educational, to witness your back and forth discussions on the finer points of engine modification, you seem to have missed the way that these forums work or are used. This particular thread is called "Best input sought to update front and rear suspension ?" where Steve F asked for riders to suggest alternatives to the standard set up on his road bike to increase safety and rideability.

At some later date someone else can search to find this question and our rambling answers and maybe not bother to ask that question again.

If, in the future, someone wishes to research the relative merits of standard, Vibrac or Carrillo conrods they may find your discussions hard to find because they are in a thread about suspension. Similarly, if these discussions are hidden on page 22 of a thread called "Big Sid joins forum" they may be more difficult to find than if a fresh thread were started about conrods.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Up on the left is a drop-down menu "actions" Click on it and select and click "download". You will then have the photo on your own machine to enlarge.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Bruce,
I just thought of something..... what size picture are you getting with that link? Because what I get is certainly big enough to read the card. I am wondering if things on the public page are different??? I only see what the creator sees...
may you are seeing something small. I dunno.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I am glad to know that because they changed the way that operates. Ever notice that as soon as you get used to how an ap. works they make it work differently?

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Bruce,
Here is a shot of the full assembly in use during a ride from Boston to the Rally in Pennsylvania. Along with the Thorton mod..... the seat was made on tempered aluminum allowing a bit of "spring" for comfort... thus titanium support rods end in stainless
trapped ball joints to allow a little flex. The holes in the upper mount were for a small instantly removable luggage rack. Not to brag, but it turned out the thing needed a lightning speedo.