Best input sought to update front and rear suspension ?

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Judging by the performance of my '51 rapide all standard, with NO faffing around, I reckon for a 50 year old peice of s-it, it is all o-k. I can ride hands-off at up to 90 m ph , where are the wobbles, they do not happen to me, hence no hospital bills!

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Rip, You got to remember any vincent is now at least 60 years old. In common with all old "things" they are only as good as their last "rebuilder" , if they have not rebuilt they just got to be wore-out by now. P.S, Bill I found the pothole near Brands Hatch last year, Got me an advisory on the m o t!for a big flat-spot on the steel rear rim!

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I totally agree wit the FACT that a Vin is only as good as it's last rebuild ..... but not with the assertion ALL Vincents are wore out..

TritonMike

VOC Member
AVO REAR DAMPER.
Some seem to have missed my email address. It is b44mike@yahoo.co.uk and I live in Cheltenham England. (ie VOC Mid Gloucs section).
I do not work for AVO and have no interest in them.

I need a new rear damper for my Series C Comet rebuild and I am aggregating an order for the AVO rear damper (some short & some long). If interested get in touch soon (b44mike@yahoo.co.uk) as I intend to place the aggregated order and get a bit of a discount for everyone.
I need to know which country you are from and if you want

• Part no TA1445 -the shorter version that should suit most applications.
  • Part no TA1446 - the slightly longer version, for use if you know your Pettefords are overlong or if you simply want to be sure of no Petteford fitting problems.
    [*]The steel bush to be fitted in D8 is supplied, but otherwise the dampers are supplied bare, with no shroud, no bump stop and no top mounting.
Also specify if you want a thumbwheel adjustment.​

Howard

VOC Member
Amongst the readers of this thread is a certain John Emanuel. John has done some very interesting mods to his suspension.
Come on John, let's have a write up on your mods, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

H

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Potholes, potholes,
in the netherlands, as well as anywhere else, one has to be very carefull.
The other day, I was looking at some nice bystanders (fem.) and hit that sleeping policeman (now wide awake).
it cost me nearly my life, as I hit it to fast and it was one, only in the middle of the road and higher in the middle.
Got a tankslapper and it cost me immididatly 20 spokes, a steel rim, and what all.
I have put on an Hyperpro damper. very good now.

Moral: look shorter to bystanders, and concentrate on the Road, as it may be dangerous.

Vincent