Vincent Land Speed Racers

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Am I being a pain, Or is the triumph in the film, The worst Speed bike ever !! He was sat up in wind like a sail !! Cheers Bill.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
This was in '83, so I can't blame age. I had a 1 in 3 chance of getting it "right", so I was lucky and enabled by laziness and it was almost tight.

Bruce, I know we're all getting older and forgetful, but how do you forget to tighten the wheel spindle, but remember to put the tommy bar where you can kick it? :)

H

RogerDB

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Rattler

photo 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

b'knighted

VOC Member
That's cheating - you can't see if the Girdraulic links are pointed down or not. Those red pipes look remarkably short.

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
A few might find the shots of my old drag bike of interest . The adjustable in trombone fashion intake ram tubes proved very effective at dialing in torque for strong launch off the line . I found the most effective length from bell tip to valve to be 13.5 inches . When I asked PEI what he had observed he replied that during dyno runs it was for him 13 inches . I had hit it that damn close . Sid .

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Cool tacho drive on Dave's bike. I wonder if getting the right calibration/gear ratio was a big challenge?