Vincent Land Speed Racers

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Bill, I look at the two bikes I built and think how I managed that with so little knowledge, go figure. Sonny rode English Thunder that day to 159 MPH, that's when the crank pin broke. The liner shows Don Vesco in the cockpit the liner has two records 217 mph and 193 mph with side car.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
What years were your records, Max, There are so many classes in the USA, It's a job to work out what spec' they were running. That Dave Matson must have some good stuff in the petrol tank !! Cheers Bill.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
2005 BUB MEET top speed Vintage M/C 212.800 mph

2007 BUB MEET top speed 181.235 mph Hartmut W. pilot

2007 BUB MEET record AMA S/VPBF 217.921 MPH DON A. pilot

2007 BUB MEET fastest on the salt 222 .232 mph DON A pilot earned the 201 mph RED HAT

2010 BUB MEET top speed streamliner sidecar 205 203 MPH Hartmut pilot

2010 WORLD OF SPEED Top Speed 212 .860 mph
RECORD SPEED 191.303 MPH DON ANGLE PILOT / RECORD HOLDER
SCTA SC/ BF CLASS

2002 VIBRAC effort 180 plus ??? pilot DAVE CAMPOS engine tuner Max Lambky

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I believe red hats are issued by the 200 MPH club. The BUB 201 club is different, I don't recall if they have a special hat.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The scta would not let the Bub 7 run because it does not have a frame. So Dinnis started his on venue race and used the AMA and FIM sanctioning bodies . That is right, the 200 mph red hat is the property of the SCTA. The 201 red hat is the property of BUB----
BIG UGLY BASTERD ----- for those that didn't know what BUB stood for.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
I might add DONS 222 plus mph speed was not only the fastest speed of the meet for vintage bikes but for the year. The AMA has an annual get together in Vegas and invited DON for a trophy presentation, suit and tie. Don doesn't own a suit or tie so he passed. The AMA sent him the Trophy ( super nice I might add) So we got the VINCENT marque in the record books for a yearly award, I think that is kind of nice.