Norvins

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Do you have any more detailed photos of the footrest/gearchange please David?
Hello Normski, I found a photo of a clever gear change, Maybe of use to you. Cheers Bill.
Folding%20rearset.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Very tidy bike. Note the exhaust flanges. I am surprised that the oil tank is not notched out for the rear carb considering all of the fabricating on the bike.

David

The gear change is interesting and the builder chose to use a magneto. At first I thought they were HD-style decompressors in the heads, but if they are spark plugs, they are in a narrow area. I wonder where that breather tube out of the rear-most rocker cap goes? Usually you see a bit of a vertical run with a PCV valve or mesh. The oil cooler will have an easy life.

Black Flash

VOC Member
Hello Bill
Thank you very much for the picture. I will certainly copy the design. I have been scratching my head for a long time to solve the same problem.
Now that is a perfect example why I like the forum so much.
Cheers Bernd

timetraveller

VOC Member
A word of warning re. Dick's bike. He got me to make and fit one of the 'George Brown' style fairings several years ago. The idea was that he was having trouble holding the front wheel down at the start of sprints and he hoped that the extra weight and streamlining would improve his times. However, he was making his own copies of the Norton frames in aluminium alloy tubing to reduce weight and it is likely that the frames were modified, as Roy the Mechanic has done with his frame, in order to make it fit the engine/gearbox unit. Don't assume that the dimensions are standard and that you can copy his ideas exactly.