Geoff Bunyan:

Bunyan, Geoff 01.GIF

Brian Hills:

Hills, Brian.GIF

David

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Morning Eric, Can we see both sides of your Bike, In bigger photos !, I can't see too much in your avatar.
Cheers Bill.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
An interesting special I saw 40 years ago, was at Brindleys in Bawtry, an AJS 7R with a chopped twin in it, a fabulous looking thing !!!
I wonder if anyone has pictures of it ? knows what happened to it ?
Around the same time from the Leeds area was a Norvin, chopped engine, BSA Gold Star box, 7R front wheel, Manx back, Gardners, twin open pipes and not much else, yellow tank, seat and top half fairing black, saw it at Cadwell, Squires café and I.O.M. in 1977, always wondered what happened to it and mentioned it to a friend last year, he photographed it at Cadwell probably the same day I saw it !!, then a couple of month ago at Squires a guy was looking at my twin and we got to talking, well he was the guy who had the Norvin !! he'd sold it to someone in London and then it had gone to the west coast of America but he's been unable to track it down, here's a picture of it leant against the gents toilet wall at Cadwell
Norvin 25.01.jpg

There was another Norvin near me later with a twin disc Japanese front end, Triumph 16"rear wheel a tank from a 2 stroke Kawasaki widened and I think a Honda tailpiece, this was later broken up and the engine put back in a Vincent.
1926645_10206350175618369_2905696394630897983_n.jpg

Comet Rider

VOC Member
NORVIN.JPG
Here's a pic of the Norvin my dad built in the 50's whilst serving for the RAF in Kenya.
He was racing a long stroke double knocker Manx when it sheared a bevel tooth and blew the motor to bits. The Rap was being borrowed by a friend who slung it down the road, and the rest they say is history.
The bike went to a friend of dads

vibrac

VOC Member
Thank you David, specials are so much more interesting than stock machines...
Eric
Enjoy them while you can a twin attack from the standard machines make the most cash for Bonhams movement and the last smack in the teeth from the EU road worthiness test and there wont be a special left.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Enjoy them while you can a twin attack from the standard machines make the most cash for Bonhams movement and the last smack in the teeth from the EU road worthiness test and there wont be a special left.

I thought you said it was OK if done a long time ago ?.
They all look like Vicounts to me ?.
I think I will buy up all the "Vincent Scene" books, With photos of my Special ?.
Proof enough ??.
Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Make sure the frame and engine numbers are correct

Its all a joke really they pay a clerk in county hall peanuts to jot down numbers in a ledger copy them onto a bit of brown cardboard years later take the copy in a van to Wales copy them again onto a punched card feed them in a giant sixties computer copy them over several generations of data bases your bike goes through many years of MOT's and the guy in the freezing cold garage always reads the number off the log book or last MOT and today the inspector comes along and actually checks the frame number and says says you have the wrong number on your bike frame.......

vibrac

VOC Member
and since its registered as a Norton together with that Vincent engine in that 'new' frame you have not enough points......