Norvins

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I really wish you guys would just stop this..... There is a wideline FB frame and a very sad looking set of bare cases sitting in my garage and the last thing I need right now is for you to get me in any deeper with the war department.

greg brillus

VOC Member
David, when I used the Gold Star springs on the racer, I gave up trying to sort the retainers and odd large collets, we ended up using retainers and collets off a Toyota Corolla which worked out very well. I did machine inside the top surface of the valve caps for more clearance, but none have hit so far, and this without any extra packing other than the stock ET 160 inspection cap gaskets.

ericg

VOC Member
I noticed on the ex-Colin Wills bike above that it has a Terry Prince top end. I also see aluminum rocker cap spacers. I had to use similar ones on the racer because the Gold Star Valve springs needed a bit more clearance under the cap.

David
David, the said spacers looks like Neal Videan gaskets...

davidd

VOC Member
Well, that makes sense. I looked at mine again and they are a bit wider than stock. I am used to seeing the red gaskets that I have been using for years.

100_0417.jpg

The cap on the right was just to close to the retainer and valve stem. I took a cap with a hole in it and cut out a larger hole. I then welded a piece of aluminum on top. All I needed was the thickness of the top of the cap to get clearance, and only on the exhaust. I ran the aluminum spacers on the rockers also just to be sure there was no touching of the adjuster.

Thanks, Eric.

Davoid

davidd

VOC Member
Terry did make some taller caps, but he warned me once not to use them. He said that they were not machined properly and there is a thin spot on the inside that will let go.

David