norvin

jim burgess

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
To Phelps, hardest part on my Norvin was the oil tank/rearmudguard/splashguard/carb bellmouth component combined... all in stainless, getting the frontcarb in was easy by comparison, I just hand filed a new angle on the head side of the adaptor, and I would have no worries about modifyong "standard" Vincent components. It has never worried this club in the past...

Jim

manxnortonman

VOC Member
Its amazing that there is all these replies and interest in Norvins and positive inputs,strange that the section in MPH is conspicuous by its absence. Alan, who was the section custodian could not get inputs from members for publication, yet here we are with opinions and advice.
DSCF1035.jpg

Rocket3

VOC Member
Rocket three, nice kitchen decoration! Or do you use it as a food mixer?
Jim
Thats what the chap said it was at the car boot, knocked him down to £25.00 but I think I was robbed as when I got it home I could not find anyway of plugging it in!

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Its amazing that there is all these replies and interest in Norvins and positive inputs,strange that the section in MPH is conspicuous by its absence. Alan, who was the section custodian could not get inputs from members for publication, yet here we are with opinions and advice.
View attachment 1084

In the December mph there will be an appeal for a new Norvin section organiser. Any volunteers? The post can involve as much or as little work as you choose to make it.

Send me a P.M if you might be interested.

Peter

jim burgess

VOC Member
Re Norvin section, I am happy to do it, but how do you send a PM? Rocket 3 how did you cut off the gearbox? what is the best way, I am thinking of this as an alternative to replace the poor selection I am getting from the vin box.
Jim

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Re Norvin section, I am happy to do it, but how do you send a PM?

To send a PM, you click on the person's name and select 'private message'

Re- the Norvin job, thanks for the offer, I will send you a proper e-mail later, when I am not supposed to be working.

John Jones

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Cutting the gearbox off a Vincent motor is like castrating an old friend.

Why not sort out the gear s- maybe fit a 5 speed cluster! Now there's an idea!

John