norvin

stroudjohn

Forum User
VOC Member
I trying to build a Norvin which I bought in bits. The "Frame" is highly modified to be like an Upper Frame Member with the benefits of having no frame to squeeze an engine into. Everything else is pretty much standard Norton. Pics if you want them.

Rocket3

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I`m also trying to build a Norvin Stroudjohn its not easy! there has been a lot of head scratching going on these past two weeks, this thread has spurred me on
to get on with mine after about a one year lay off, its been one problem after another you fix one then it creates another one later on down the line, im now thinking of grinding the fins off the rear cyilnder to get the front carb in:eek:
Some photos of your creation would be good.

John Jones

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I used new standard carbs from Surrey Cycles- shortened the front manifold to get it to miss the frame tube and cut out the base of the tank to let the top of the carb and the cable work.

IMG_1595.jpg

metal bits

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
is that an original engine or one you made from new parts
the hole in the clutch cover is that something you done dose it make any diference to the clutch
did you give the engine the black coating your self

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
To Rocket three and all others building specials, DON'T HACK ABOUT ORIGINAL PARTS! Make the accessory parts fit. On a Norvin the front carb positioning is probably THE hardest part to make fit. Have a look at Norvins and you will see all sorts of devised ways to get that front carby in.

Phelps.

Rocket3

VOC Member
To Phelps, Thank you for your concern but i think it went past the point of no return when someone hacked the gearbox off! the engine had the fins reduced to get the carb in when i bought it, on the rebuild i decided to weld them back so if i did decide to cut them back i will only be cutting off what i put on! this engine has had a hard racing life nearly every part on it has been worked on in someway its nothing like how it came out from the factory.

Last edited: