norvin

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
No, better to cut his head off, to stop this nonsense! Why not sell your Vincent bits and get a truckload of Bantams for it, to try out your engineering talents?

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
I sent Alan photos of a Norvin taken at Brands in the 60s, but got no response ??
NORVIN19672.jpg

John Jones

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Little Honda,
Do you have any pictures of your Norvin.
I'd like to see how you have fitted the battery.
Also we need a little more eye candy on this site.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Hi John.
As I said in my first post I scalloped the left-hand top tube to accommodate the front carb, as I am running 34mm Mukini's it was the only way I could get it in.I have a chopped motor with a norton box and my battery is below the swinging arm right up against the box,all right it's a pain if I have to get at it as the back wheel has to come out but it's out of sight.This has meant I have plenty of room for the oil tank which is sort of parrallelogram shaped but cut away at the right front to accommodate the rear carb.not really familiar with this computer thingy yet but will try and get some help to add some pics.
Cheers Chris Launders.

Rocket3

VOC Member
Sorry Little Honda i think i am crazy as im trying to build a Norvin to parade/race with British Historic Racing Club, the carbs need to be pre 63 so i have not a lot of choice its Amal 1.1/2"GPs or Dellortos SS1 unless anyone knows of another,.
Looks like i been wasting my time and money building a bike that is going to work then? but you know what i dont really care its a Norvin and i will love it including all of its faults.

R3

Don´t be crasy! Use Concentric Mk1 carbs - they are the smallest re inlet diameter and leave fins, where they are. I had to use 32mm- Concentrics, which are considerably higher and larger than the std 1 1/8" ones. Also me, I had to enlarge the tanks underside cut-outs for the bigger carbs. At first, I would not tune the Vincent twin for use in the Norton frame, but if you have 36mm inlet channels, like me, the largest carb size on the front cyl. is a 32mm Concentric. My oiltank is std. Norton Atlas, set back, as far
as possible to leave space for the 19" rear wheel. Gel battery under engine between frame tubes. Unsolved problem on my bike is the right leg being always in contact with the std. kick starter lever. The original foot position of the std. Vincent riding position is far to far forward, and the easiest position on the Atlas frame is a bit to far back!
Also the roadholder, being like new inside and out is quite poor in damping and springing, compared to the Girdraulics! Although, riding it, it does not feel that bad, as it twists sideways, when you hold the wheel between yr legs and twist the handlebars left and right for 1 - 2 inches, easily! It was probably good for
a 100kgs-racebike in those days, but not on a Norvin without mayor changes!
But finally I think, a bike, as goodlooking as a Norvin, must possibly be rideable as well after some headscratching!
Good luck!

david b

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi i agree with Rocket 3 ,you take the best bit of the vincent (chopped engine) ,norton featherbed frame ,norton gearbox ,then the rest is up to you...norvin final build 030.jpgnorvin final build and outing 111.jpgnorvin frame 036.jpg

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
What is the point of cutting up a Norton frame!? You then don't have a frame. Why not just put Roadholders on an UFM and a swinging fork on a made up subframe?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Rocket 3, Gardner carbs are accepted by the crmc, don't know about the other clubs, used by John Renwick on his vins,thet worked well on my r g s too.