norvin

Rocket3

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Diogenes, You have obviously have not ridden a special? there is nothing wrong with the Norvin when set up right, ok its not state of the art or have the handling of a Egli but what you need to do is adapt your riding style to suit, i can assure you it will put a smile on your face every time you go out on it! I have ridden many bikes in my life time its a Norvin or a Vincent i would chose to go out on over any other bike, i cant get enough of them even on the way home i go the long way round! i certainly would not do that on a modern bike.
You need to look up the Corish Norvin from Australia, it won many races right up to 2007. Corish 3.jpg

manxnortonman

VOC Member
Desktop 001.jpg This is what can be achieved with deep pockets and unlimited time and imagination.Shadow spec motor,TZ Yamaha brakes Manx frame,etc

Garry Laurence
Spirit of the Sixties

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
33 years and 200,000+ miles on my Norvin as an every day bike. A racing Norvin as well now sadly silent due to an ex wife. Love them and as rocket3 says , I take the long way home too.

Phelps.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Garry, Super Job, As always, Have you had trouble with Ethanol in the petrol ? Do you use Figlass or Alloy tanks ? Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Phelps, Sorry to hear of you trouble, I sometimes think thats why me and the wife are still together !! Cheers Bill.

manxnortonman

VOC Member
Hi Bill, No problem I have individually built for each Cafe racer I build, just picked up a set for a T150 Triton and ordered a set for a Laverda Norton as they can take three months to hand make them.

Regards Garry

Rocket3

VOC Member
Hi Phelps, Any photos of the racing Norvin? i am building one up and hope to have it up and running for Festival of 1000 bikes next year.