New Forum Platform...

G

Graham Smith

I haven't managed to find where all the photos are hiding though.

Photos have gone for the time being. I still have the original database of photos, so once I've worked out the best way of incorporating them into this new system, I'll put them back - don't hold your breath though!

KennyNUT

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Graham,

Good work on the site. When I first arrived, I thought I had gone to Facebook! :eek:Except, this is much better....phew. Very clean and cool. :cool:I did re-upload my Avatar but it still looks blurry. Not the end of the world. :rolleyes:

Quick question, I seem to have lost my messages in the transition and there was an email address in there, too. :( I am sure I can track it down possibly through my outlook. Do messages still get sent to your registered email address from postings on this site? Such a simple thing, so I guess that will be the case.

Thanks again and good solid job. Sorry about the smiley overload. Just messing!:)

b'knighted

VOC Member
Gee, but its great to be back home, home is where I wanna be. Thanks Graham!
Having been checking every forty minutes for the last three days, I found this revised layout days ago but have only just found a way in.

Could I request that there is some level of general email sent out next time the forum comes back on line, to tell us to go looking rather than being patient.

What I found at some point was that there were 12 people on the forum. 8 members, 2 guests and 2 robots. What are the robots?

Magnetoman

VOC Member
This isn't a criticism, but a bug report. If I compose a post but decide to move a sentence (or just a word) in it to a different location, I highlight the sentence using the mouse, then hold down the right button on the mouse as I drag it to the new location. Everything seems to be working fine up until then, but when I release the button to drop the sentence, instead the sentence jumps to the very end of the post.

It's perfectly workable to edited by cutting/pasting, but dragging/dropping would be so much more 21st century.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Where is the thank you button when you need it?

Where is Isaac Asimov when you need him?

On a more serious note, is there a button I have missed which will let me stay logged in, as I did with the previous forum?

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
When you click Log In at the top of the page you are asked to fill in your name or email address, password and below that a Log In button. At the side of the Log In button there is a check box to stay logged in.
Where is the thank you button when you need it?

Where is Isaac Asimov when you need him?

On a more serious note, is there a button I have missed which will let me stay logged in, as I did with the previous forum?