New Forum Platform...

G

Graham Smith

Graham,
Overall this site is brilliant although I have missed a couple of bits – it probably means I just haven't found them yet.

It was handy to see the location of anyone posting so that you could tell at a glance how accessible their local sections may be.
I also miss the red/blue indication of membership.
Are the links to other sites cleverly hidden or non-existant?

Please don't take this as complaint or critisism as I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into the forum while still managing to produce MPH. - I assume that paid employment takes fifth place after your family and your bikes.

Hi Ian

Yeah, Blue and Red indicators are gone for the time being.

I still have all the links that were submitted into the Links Directory, but again, they're gone for the time being.

I will get round to it eventually, but it's all had to take a bit of a back seat for the time being. Too much other stuff to do.

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm just a little resistant to change – after all I've still got the same bikes I was riding back in the 20th Century – so take as long as you need.
When any of the old features re-appear, it'll make a nice surprise.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
........ It was handy to see the location of anyone posting so that you could tell at a glance how accessible their local sections may be.
I also miss the red/blue indication of membership.
Are the links to other sites cleverly hidden or non-existant?
If you click on your screen name (e.g. "b'knighted") to the left of the post a small window will open with the location of the poster. Underneath the screen name it says "Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Member".
I am a moderator but I am assuming it will be similar for all posters.

carlm

Non-VOC Member
What is the significance of a pin beside a thread? I've seen it on a lot of forums but never really understood it.

b'knighted

VOC Member
If you hover your cursor over it you get the an informative label of "Sticky". I assume that this means someone with more skill than I has posted something that will always float to the top of a forum but I cannot see that there is anything to indicate this in the thread which is showing a pin.