New Forum Platform...

Joshua Mackay-Smith

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Very nice, though there's one thing I particularly miss from the old forum: after the last post in a thread (and possibly before the first one), there was a link for the next oldest thread at the first unread post. It made catching up after a couple of days a doddle (as some of y'all might say)--not that going back out to the thread listing for the subforum and selecting the next one is by any means difficult...

Howard

VOC Member
Very nice, though there's one thing I particularly miss from the old forum

Don't worry I'm still here ;).
Just discovering how sad I've become - when did I find time to make 1340 posts? It must be down to working on my own at a computer, and being bored most of the time. Even more sad 1340 posts and nobody liked any of them!!
So far so good, Graham. I'm trying to work out if it's like moving from Comet to twin (everything in the same place but better performance- sorry all you one lungers:rolleyes: ) or from Comet to Fireblade (lots more gadgets, and frighteningly more performance:eek: ).

H

nkt267

VOC Member
Will we get the dates back on the posts,It looks like any post from last thursday only has the day of posting..John

G

Graham Smith

Will we get the dates back on the posts,It looks like any post from last thursday only has the day of posting..John

I see the dates and times of posting on all threads - well past last Thursday.

Does everyone else have this problem or is it John looking in the place (should be at the bottom of the post).

If everyone has this problem, it should be pretty easy to sort.

davidd

VOC Member
I see the dates and times of posting on all threads - well past last Thursday.

Does everyone else have this problem or is it John looking in the place (should be at the bottom of the post).

If everyone has this problem, it should be pretty easy to sort.

Graham,

All dates are in light Grey in all the posts I have viewed going way back.

David

timetraveller

VOC Member
Feedback only Graham, definitely not a complaint. It could be me but I think that there is a problem with 'first unread' etc. I have now used the new look Forum several times and some threads go straight to the last one that I read (very efficient) and other go to the first page and hitting the 'view first unread' does not do that, even when I have looked at that thread a couple of hours earlier. Also could not correct a spelling mistake I saw in one of my recent postings. All trivial but I hope that feedback will help.

G

Graham Smith

Graham, I see we have the facility to put a poster on 'ignore'. What does that do?

It hides their content from you, including quoted content.
Any conversations they attempt to start with you, you won't receive.

The member you are ignoring will be unaware they are being ignored.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
It hides their content from you, including quoted content.
Any conversations they attempt to start with you, you won't receive.

The member you are ignoring will be unaware they are being ignored.

I think it might sink in after a bit, unless they are really thick. :)

Incidentally Graham, I like what you've done to the forum. The old forum was good no doubt about that, but this is an substantial improvement. I've found it easy to navigate around and I like that it's a brighter. I don't know if anyone else uses multiple monitors on their computers but I do for work, in moving my browser from on monitor to another and maximizing the browser would necessitate re-scaling the forum so I could read it. This new forum does it automatically. One less annoyance, thank you.
I haven't managed to find where all the photos are hiding though.
Thanks for looking after this for all of us. I know I appreciate it.
Steven