Irving Vincent Four Valve Engine

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Very nice but different than our road equipped version . I chose every bit tacked on for lightness , tiny head lamp on back , tank etc all very light . The resulting low weight kept it very competitive and in a different league to a regular Comet . Chasing our Vincati on back roads , it showing on the straights 125 , the 600 was right on its coat tails . Would eat Matt's Shadow . Very effective combination with a 42 inch long 2 inch UP PIPE . Send me your E address if wanting to see it . Sid .
If that was the case, you should have left it in road trim when you took it to the tracks, when you created your `Record` of I think 106 MPH. Or was it slipstreaming that gained the extra ?

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
We are all waiting for Trev to try his luck at speed , little chance of that . He dares not joist with Lady Luck in front of the worlds press , only makes snide remarks from afar . Not enough guts to let it all hang out through the clocks . Plays it safe from the side lines . Just one of the little people .
Better to have tried and failed than never having made an honest bloody attempt . Known his type before . Sid .

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Let's see Trev go after John Renwicks sprint records , must be about the same age and with huge Vincent experiance gleaned from many decades . How bout it Trev ? You are a master machinest , got the knowledge and much to prove .
Don't disparage others attempts until you can do better . Racing the clock ain't a kids game , especially over wet salt . Sid .

timetraveller

VOC Member
Come on now B.S. Why dont you say what you really mean. Stop pussyfooting about. Have you been eating meat again? If so it seems to be causing some internal problems!! See your doctor about getting an industrial strength laxative.

D

Deleted member 1085

We are all waiting for Trev to try his luck at speed , little chance of that . He dares not joist with Lady Luck in front of the worlds press , only makes snide remarks from afar . Not enough guts to let it all hang out through the clocks . Plays it safe from the side lines . Just one of the little people .
Better to have tried and failed than never having made an honest bloody attempt . Known his type before . Sid .

Nope. We are not all waiting for Trev, or anyone else to try their luck at speed. Each to his own. Let them that want to, do it. I do admire those who compete but equally admire those who have the engineering competence to support other Vincent owners keeping their bikes up to snuff. Sounds like you think only those who compete in speed events can respond to your posts. Getting like the less enjoyable posts on jtan.

clevtrev

VOC Member
What I am asking, Sid, is why the 600 goes faster in road trim, is that a problem ? After all. it`s what you`ve told us.

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Sorry if I popped off , my hip was eating on me , not in the mood for jibes at that moment . Reached a flash point and there I went .
I do think I've discovered the reason for our inconsistent speeds . These new Concentric carbs lack of a good bowl vent and needing a larger float needle orifice . That vent is really important and is badly obscured .
Always blaming something ! Other than ourselves you know . Sid .

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
All good points reflecting on my brief tantrum . And noted . For a moment it did seem like jtan . UGH . Just what I left behind .
Meant in no way to slight others way of enjoying their Vincents . A ridiculous thought . Sid .