Misc: Stands D type stand removal

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just wondering if there’s a diagram of the D stand available. Can’t see it in the Spare Parts List.
I think the spring washers go in between the stand and mounts like the original rear stand. Also not sure
if the stand’s mounted on the inside or outside of the brackets.
It’s quite fiddly getting it back on as the bike’s quite low with not much clearance underneath.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Any good .
I have used a "D" stand without the handle, If the legs are not too long ,
It's not too hard to lift back.

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_204724 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200728_204724 (2).jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 14

danno

Non-VOC Member
Any good .
I have used a "D" stand without the handle, If the legs are not too long ,
It's not too hard to lift back.
Thanks.
That shows the F69 bolts and FT108/106 brackets. I guess the spring washers and nuts (not shown) for F69 are included in that part number.
I’ll see if I can figure out the assembly order.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Is the width between the stand legs larger than the distance between the outer sides of the footrest plates? If the answer is yes then is the difference enough to allow both spring washers to be fitted. I believe that the spring washers should go between the stand legs and the footrest plates to prevent rattling but my D is the prototype Knight and is not the same in all respects with the later ones. My suggestion is that the bolt should go through the hole in the stand leg. Then there should be a spring washer. The bolt should then be screwed into the footrest plate. Do this both sides. Screw in the bolts until the stand moves up and down slowly with no slop and finally put on the thin lock nuts behind the footrest plates.

danno

Non-VOC Member
I should’ve taken pics when dissembling but really didn’t think it would be so complicated.
It seems that I cannot get both stand mounting holes on the correct side of the FT108/106 brackets.
On the left side I have the bolt in correctly as it has a shank for the stand and spring washer. Plus the stand retaining clip I think is the correct way round.
On the right (FT108), the stand is positioned on the inside which I don’t think is correct.

Attachments

• B78B6B98-18CB-45DA-9631-3B8291397B13.jpeg
    B78B6B98-18CB-45DA-9631-3B8291397B13.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 8AFC2FAB-C6D9-4531-8E86-BD0FBCFA5DBB.jpeg
    8AFC2FAB-C6D9-4531-8E86-BD0FBCFA5DBB.jpeg
    320.8 KB · Views: 9

timetraveller

VOC Member
No, absolutely not. It sound as though the distance between the top of the stand legs is not enough to go on the outside of both plates. Can you get one side as I suggested, that is bolt head, top of stand leg, then spring washer and then plate and then get the other side top of stand leg on the outside of the plate? If not them perhaps you will have to assemble it without the spring washers. They will not do any good on the inside of the plates under the thin nuts.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Is the width between the stand legs larger than the distance between the outer sides of the footrest plates?
It’s actually the same width so the stand just slides over with no space for the washers. Only way maybe is to take off FT106 and attach it to the stand first. The plates can’t be moved any further inward to allow more space and I’m sure the stand doesn’t go on the inside.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Well if you can get the stand over the outside of the plates you can get it all back together without the spring washers If there is space for a thin 'o' ring behind each stand top and the plates then that should stop a rattle. If not then just put it back together will plenty of grease and forget about the spring washers. You can do it.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Well if you can get the stand over the outside of the plates you can get it all back together without the spring washers If there is space for a thin 'o' ring behind each stand top and the plates then that should stop a rattle. If not then just put it back together will plenty of grease and forget about the spring washers. You can do it.
Looking at it again and the wear pattern on the FT106 plate and left stand pivot point, I think the spring washer was used between the bolt head and stand.
Not sure if this washer is for locking the thread or acting as a spacer but I think I’ll be able to sort it now I’ve worked it out. Might try and fit an O ring or thin washer in between as you suggest.
Thanks for the help with this.

Attachments

• 995991AF-7BDD-4600-B912-4977A3CCA1BD.jpeg
    995991AF-7BDD-4600-B912-4977A3CCA1BD.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 26F2F646-E1CF-4DEF-8A67-63532E50941F.jpeg
    26F2F646-E1CF-4DEF-8A67-63532E50941F.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 6

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think it has been said before,