Works Photo

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Ex Vincent employees still with us still interested in the mark, John Bland , Jack Lazenby, Jack Furness, John Surtees, Paul Garrard, and myself.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Thanks Greg, I will go by age Jack Furness (93) 1951 Comet, Me,(81) 1952 C Shadow , 1951 Comet, Replica G/ Flash John Surtees (80) his Lightning, 1949 C HRD shadow , 1951 Rapide 1951 Comet, and his Grey Flash,

davidd

VOC Member
I certainly appreciate the builders, but I asked David about the ladies and he sent me this:

Bowen Girls.JPG

David

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
Thanks Davidd L to R. Peggy Miles, Winney Moss, Yvonne Leach, Vivien Barker, Massie Olive, Betty Toll, Hilda Young, Mrs. Russel
See page 8 of the Stevenage Museum booklet "Vincent HRD - Made in Stevenage" for a clearer photo "The women from the costing office" and a slightly different set of names.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
These were named two years back by Terry Wade and his wife who worked at Vincent until it closed with these people and lived in Stevenage up to his passing last year, his home was 500yards north on the no1 Factory also Jack Furness checked it out last year ?

Daimog

Non-VOC Member
Hi David, my father was Daniel Morgan Thomas a road tester at Vincents.
I have in my posession a pair of clocks with the initials DB inscribed on the speedo.
Im guessing these once belonged to his apprentice?