We have a winner!!

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Each to his own but I don't think that any of my pillion passengers would take very kindly to that Honda passenger pad. I suspect that it might ruin the more tender parts of some of my female friends!!

TT, I actually liked that part. My Fireblade rear "seat" is similar and the wife refuses to get on........................draw your own conclusions. :)

H

Albervin

VOC Member
Each to his own but I don't think that any of my pillion passengers would take very kindly to that Honda passenger pad. I suspect that it might ruin the more tender parts of some of my female friends!!
Sheer luxury compared to what is laughingly called a pillion seat on my Aprilia. The pillion would be perched so high I could use them as a look out for the next eclipse! The seat, pillion strap and footpegs are as new and will forever remain so.

mr.hutch

VOC Member
Glum Bunny

Why is it, that anybody sitting on such a motorcycle, or similar has to look so really, really miserable and agressive, its supposed to be fun, isn't it? Riding bikes.
Probably just stating the obvious, but never quite got on to that wavelength.

mr.h :D

Last edited:

Bracker1

VOC Member
Speaking of bad design, there is another American Custom on the scene. While relaxing and reading Architectural Digest, I was surprised to see an article about a Vincent!! Unfortunately it has been "customized" by a company called Falcon. http://www.falconmotorcycles.com/ Nice engine destroyed by a putting into a piece of crap, untested mess of a frame design. It does follow the original somewhat, but why not just buy the original. I like the copper headlight. Priceless. Another bike for the living room, hopefully not mine. . Merry Christmas, Dan

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
Speaking of bad design, there is another American Custom on the scene. While relaxing and reading Architectural Digest, I was surprised to see an article about a Vincent!! Unfortunately it has been "customized" by a company called Falcon. http://www.falconmotorcycles.com/ Nice engine destroyed by a putting into a piece of crap, untested mess of a frame design. It does follow the original somewhat, but why not just buy the original. I like the copper headlight. Priceless. Another bike for the living room, hopefully not mine. . Merry Christmas, Dan

I don't think they've quite understood the design of the eccentrics. Interestingly, though, they have utilised the the headlamp support system that was originally intended by the works for use with Girdraulics, but which never reached the production stage. It re-emerged later on the prototype Indian-Vincent (not the Vindian).

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I don't think they've quite understood the design of the eccentrics. Interestingly, though, they have utilised the the headlamp support system that was originally intended by the works for use with Girdraulics, but which never reached the production stage. It re-emerged later on the prototype Indian-Vincent (not the Vindian).
Hugo, The machine looks pretty enough I suppose but I would far prefer a standard early B Rapide with Bramptons and 8 inch Miller or a 52 Shadow, with regard to the eccentrics, not being an engineer perhaps I should not comment for fear of ridicule from some of the very clever people in our club, but at the last big VOC rally on the Island (2007) the fastest Vincent round the TT course belonged to John Emmanuel and amongst a host of very clever and neat modifications was a similar centering of the front fork top spring cases. I did chat to John in the paddock and he explained to me that it kept the trial more constant in that position and made the handling more surefooted, seeing the way he went round the course it seems to work very well.

Bracker1

VOC Member
The difference is the racer tweeks his own suspension and has the ability to modify because of experience. Most of our "custom" builders are not engineers, racers, and usual are just assemblers of parts. They risk the lives of any person that decides to ride their craptastic creations, no matter how good looking they are. I have no problem with someone building a bike, just don't sell it . There is no comparison of these custom builders and someone like Godet. His designs are proven, developed and executed with meticulous precision. He is a "custom" builder, but one that knows what he is doing. I did a quick calculation from the picture of the exhaust on the Falcon, and it does not follow Phil Irvings calculation for the optimum length for a open exhaust pipes on Vincents. If they can't get that right, then who knows what else is wrong.
Merry Christmas, Dan

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Have a look at the seat. Sitting on that must be akin to riding a horse, because every bump would give you a kick up the arse! Stylists, Bah! ET43

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
This machine was built by Stephen Pate ( Restoration Werks ) for Falcon. Wonderful workmanship.
FALCON.jpg