Swearing on the VOC Forum

• Thread starter Graham Smith
  • Start date

Do you think swear words should be censored on this forum?

• Total voters

John Appleton

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Having read all of this , I see how right Graham was to squash the subject last year. Can we return to being a motorcycle club please.

John

G

Graham Smith

Having read all of this , I see how right Graham was to squash the subject last year. Can we return to being a motorcycle club please.

Thanks for saying this John.

Unfortunately, if I had said it, I would have come in for criticism like I did last time.

E

Eddie Saxton

Censoring swearwords

If bad language is not censored then we shall know who is not capable of writing decent English without swearing. They might then like to reflect on other's probable opinion of them. Things then can only get better.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Britons need protected from themselves? Really?

But Eddie, if we discover that we can do this ourselves, it would lead to a disastrous drop in civil service numbers. We need therefore to be persuaded that "government experts" are necessary to do things for us, because otherwise, they'd be out of a job. Have you thought this through? That income tax might have to fall? MP's being no longer able to claim for moat cleaning to keep it up?
Of course if the question asked implies that a no vote means you approve of foul language, then no big surprise of most votes are for yes. But as a prime mover in all of this, my original question was "do we need an American software program to hunt out the dirty bits of "scrapyard" to protect us from ourselves?". Well, do we? If we do, shame on us.

If bad language is not censored then we shall know who is not capable of writing decent English without swearing. They might then like to reflect on other's probable opinion of them. Things then can only get better.

G

Graham Smith

OK, I think it's clear that democracy has spoken, so we should ban certain words.

How about we just ban the following...

****, ****, ****** and *****?

:)

John Appleton

VOC Member
OK, I think it's clear that democracy has spoken, so we should ban certain words.

:)

Sounds a ********ing good idea to me.
icon7.gif

John

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
Originally Posted by Graham Smith View Post

Is this a competition to find out what the words are?

peter

lindie

Non-VOC Member
the occasional "bloody" or "crap" or on occasions "bastard" may be uttered in my odd post but while there are undoubtedly those apalled by such words they aren't terribly blue to my way of thinking and usually i'm not out to generate shock value with them.

the four letter breeds are best left out in my opinion by the user themself. if like on other forums i frequent you have to consider your words (homonyms for example) before saying that you "pricked your finger with a splinter", then thats a bit sad but i'd hope that won't be an issue here as it's a deal less loud and bawdy than most places. from viewing, the bulk of the threads here are well moderated by the posters anyway. i err to your dicsretion mr smith. vote's in the no category from me.