Spotted this today

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The only experience I had with superchargers and road racing was my mate who had a dominator in race trim fitted with one ( BHRC allow them in the regs) and he took it to a Mallory Practice. All was well and the speed and pickup was excelent, he was happy till he shut down for the hairpin
quote: "It was like God stuck a broom handle in my back wheel spokes" the black mark was still there a week later

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The only experience I had with superchargers and road racing was my mate who had a Dominator in race trim fitted with one ( BHRC allow them in the regs) and he took it to a Mallory Practice. All was well and the speed and pickup was excellent, he was happy till he shut down for the hairpin
quote: "It was like God stuck a broom handle in my back wheel spokes" the black mark was still there a week later

I remember putting that in the regs but I can't remember anyone who actually used one. Who was that brave person who left the black mark on the track and probably a darker mark in their underwear?;)

I may have imagined it but I think I read something somewhere about an electrically driven supercharger.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
In the states the rule was for the pre 40 nuts, I was one, if the bike came with it you could run it. I think the BMs had a supercharger, I remember running against one ,could have been a BMW been so long ago I cant remember, I would have remember if it beat the ol Inter, guess it didn't.:)

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I think that if Honda can fit a turbocharger to a 650 VTwin...(CX650..) and my friend Barry has one fitted to a Ducati Monster, then surely one can be fitted to a Vincent..

Albervin

VOC Member
It has been done to a "street bike". Can't remember the guy's name but the bike was in the National Motorcycle Museum before the big fire. Sadly I recall it was destroyed.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The mans name is Clive McDougel It took him 10 years to build the bike. It was a absolute master piece. Clive is a good friend, we talk every Sunday on the phone 9:30 pm my time with out fail, nice man, we talk supercharged bikes and our health mostly. Between the two of us, we have identified 32 Vincent's with superchargers both street and race bikes. Clive had a stroke a few years back which has hindered his vision, not able to do the PC thing, beside the weekly phone calls Clive sends a letter every couple months or so to the wife. Clive doesn't get out much anymore, however he does talk about making it to the ACE CAFE get together I think in 2012. After the fire that destroyed his bike ,the insurance paid most of the financial cost of the bike, but the creation and time lost in creating it is lost forever, a real shame, quite sad. Classic Bike did a bang up article on him and the bike, next call I will ask Clive the date published for those interested.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Max , I remember reading about the bike, 1500cc ?, But did he ever get it running befor his trouble, ? Cheers Bill.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
I just sent the wife to find Clives Christmas card that has two lovely pictures of the bike, I had remembered that the cc was painted on the tank. She found it, good girl, the bike was a big one 1530 cc. to answer your question , the bike did run and was in the process of getting sorted when Clive took ill, its potential was never achieved. I hope I'm not out of line for asking ,but if you all would consider a line of good will to a Vincent brother, he would like that very much I'm sure.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
If there is a problem please erase , I thought there might be disapproval, that's why the caveat before posting. Please lets not make this an issue of bad manners , just erase as soon as possible message is to any moderator.