E: Engine Spark plugs 1000 and 500

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The original plugs were detachable. That is what is in my Comet, attached to a properly overhauled magneto! I bought them ages ago. Yes, I also have non-detachable FE50s and FE75s. Two Japanese NGK BP7ES light up the "Comet on Steroids" which has Pazon ignition. I would be very wary of buying any "NGK" plug from the Internet as they have often proved to be cheap, and possibly very costly imitations. Remember "Guinness is Good for You".

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Some people say that NGK plugs should never be bought on ebay, since there is a lot of fakes.
There is also the opinion that NGK plugs made in France have a finer grade of ceramics, that only works well in modern lean engines. For our old oilconsuming and richer air/fuel mixture engines, they recommend plugs made in Japan.
Halfords sell NGK plugs made in Japan, giving a set in my bike a go, it has modern BTH ignition. I'll let you know how it goes.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Halfords sell NGK plugs made in Japan, giving a set in my bike a go, it has modern BTH ignition. I'll let you know how it goes.
BT-H and NGK plugs on my Rapide for 48,000 miles. That has been the setup since I built it from a basket case. No problems, good starting when it had a kickstart and also now with an electric start.