Series D details

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
That looks very interesting but I suspect that it could not be used with the 'beaks' on the standard side panels. Anyone know any better?

craig

VOC Member
In trying to plan a windscreen deflector.......I was able to secure brackets from wonderful VOC member......now I print out the KTB acrylic pattern for the clear acrylic and it looks waaaayy off scale.....like maybe half size......and even dimensioned half size. So I looked thru my photo records of this device - PR374 and I have these photos which show a bigger piece of plastic than dimensioned in KTB.
So the 1¾" height in KTB appears it probably is 3½".
My questions is yes? no?
ExtensionExample1.jpg
PR374BookCoverPhoto.jpg

timetraveller

VOC Member
I've just measure mine which was bought new about 50 years ago. It is 3.5 inches deep and about 14 inches side to side but the sides are tapered so it is narrower at the top and wider at the bottom by about half an inch per side. Incidentally the brackets are plated (?zinc) not painted, but painted will look better.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
I've just measure mine which was bought new about 50 years ago. It is 3.5 inches deep and about 14 inches side to side but the sides are tapered so it is narrower at the top and wider at the bottom by about half an inch per side. Incidentally the brackets are plated (?zinc) not painted, but painted will look

craig

VOC Member
Here is my mock up for plastic extension PR374. I did not get it centered but it looks to be the correct scale.........which is doubling the dimensions of KTB.....for just the Perspex piece.
Trying out different plastic sheathing for mounting brackets...the thickness of plastic affects clamping ability.
Moved my head temp and added oil temp to right side SL5. still waiting for third Lucas switch from eBay......my first two eBay purchases for Lucas ignition switch were returned for "case opened" refunds. It seems there is a lot of Emgo , Lucas, reproduction mismatching. Ordered a cell phone USB charger/clock (couldn't resist) to install maybe left SL5. Weather still below freezing. Still working on lighting ammeter and quick remove windscreen and PR374 extension.
20140304_progress.jpg

timetraveller

VOC Member
I used the kind of rubber tubing which is used to hold electrical cables together. These days heat shrink would probably be even more easily available.