E: Engine Rocker Bearing

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I do not count hours in my workshop for these activities. But the big plus is I do not have to ride my bikes while I mess around in the workshop . . .

Vic
The best solution is to get a warm workshop (this is next on my list) I love the workshop and the ride equally but to be in the workshop on a sunny day is not what should happen.

oexing

VOC Member
You are completely right, I should ride the things a bit more. But it is a case of motivation when no particular event may lure me out of the workshop. My lady does not help much, approaching 70 as well, next year. Lots of meetings were canceled in the past, partly by covid craze or by administrational hardships and greed about dues for the town when having a meeting there. Best strategy is having "unofficial" meetings so no police or whatever get into the event for silly requirements turning anything into nightmares. Next matter is the percentage of total idiots on public roads, mostly car drivers that do not drive their cars. Instead being busy on the phone or other electronic equipment inside. So even our E-type sits in her garage for many years as well, just for the MOT moved a bit. France was always great for holidays with the Jag, not much traffic in lovely country roads. But in recent times we have turned a bit uneasy about new speed limits and more so about less positive attitudes of most people in Europe and elswhere. But maybe it is just old age that makes me think so , remembering times that were quite different not very long ago.

Vic

erik

VOC Member
Vic put your bikes on a trailer and come to the events. The austrian Rallye is not far from your hometown for example. Erik

oexing

VOC Member
Noooo, Erik, I´d never accept trailers for going to bike meetings. We could have the BMW or the Clubman or any of the Horexes, the Guzzi too, but for having the B-Rapides on the road by autumn I cannot say yet if I can do. Most laborious jobs are achieved but there is still a lot to do to complete them. I´ll do my best . . . .

Vic
. . . . well, the Jag might be allright ? About 20 years ago we were at Kurt Schupp´s meeting with it, when not much was done on our Vincents yet then, just the new crankshafts 90 percent finished.

P1010772.JPG

Alyson

VOC Member
Always keep an eye on the background when you take a pic :) This reminds me of my Aunts' place in Berlin !

oexing

VOC Member
Alyson, what´s about the background ? There is Helga , with toilet paper in hand. But you do not see the toilet, it is the bike garage and we use toilet paper for cleaning most parts as it is pretty sterile , always, no collected grit like typical rags spread all around workshops. If it´s this what you are referring to ?

Vic

almost sterile Jag engine 3.8l , 1964:
P1010790.JPG

P1010796.JPG