RIP's NEW TOY

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well when it comes to the 'us' regarding helping each other, most of the local Vincent owners over here offer their help willingly and freely to each other. Brian Chapman is a very good example of someone who was best in the world at the time and yet will happilly tell those, who are interested, what he did to tune the bikes. When it come to the 'us' who would like to know how to make a road bike exceed 150 mph then all if us who still have delusions of youth and speed. I think of it as learning at the feet of a master.

D

Deleted member 1085

Look, I have tried to make it clear that my interest was in building very reliable and long lasting road machines. I had no interest at all in racing or higher than normally usable high speed. I believe the average user would rather have a solid road going machine than worry about
how fast it goes. The Egli to me was just a one time deal for fun..... but forget about getting on it and traveling for distance because it was not built for that..... though you could if you were a masochist. As I have said.... the bike was for going out for a spin on the back-doubles,
scaring yourself silly, and coming home.

Would be good to have a reply to the questions in posts 6 & 7 about the alternator and pipes.

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
At the beginning stage (pictured) they were stock Vincent Lightning pipes and later I made crossovers.
The custom case holds the stator and the rotor is modified to fit the output shaft which has no ESA and does not
need one due to the "cush drive" rear wheel hub. The machine was kick-startable as one could remove the
entire gear-shift instantly and when the bike started just slip it back on.

Last edited: