RIP's NEW TOY

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well first of all I reckon we could trust you to report back provided that the speedo has been well calibrated. Alternatively one of those pedal cycle speedos can record the maximum speed over any journey or I am sure that we could organise a couple of chaps with flags, mobile phones and a stop watch or whatever and a measured quarter mile Should be fun.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I don't even know where that freakin' article came from..... but it was done while I was still sorting out the machine around 1980. It has been through many many modifications since as it was sorta my test-bed.

D

Deleted member 1085

I don't even know where that freakin' article came from..... but it was done while I was still sorting out the machine around 1980. It has been through many many modifications since as it was sorta my test-bed.
Do you still have the bike? If so, can you provide some answers for us?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
To paraphrase someone famous- if you don't want to pay-it's my way or the highway! This sort of information is hard won by the few, I know-as I have just sorted one out. We will not give it free-gratis, as Rip's advert says "you can send your child to Yale, or let me build your motor. This is how us gear heads EARN our living. How about a free tutorial on financial dealings, or whatever you earn from?

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I am sorry but I do not know what you mean by: "TT, a pedal cycle speedo at 150 mph". And besides, this is NOT the machine I had to put the 180 mph speedo on..... that went on John Perenie's full blown special.

D

Deleted member 1085

To paraphrase someone famous- if you don't want to pay-it's my way or the highway! This sort of information is hard won by the few, I know-as I have just sorted one out. We will not give it free-gratis, as Rip's advert says "you can send your child to Yale, or let me build your motor. This is how us gear heads EARN our living. How about a free tutorial on financial dealings, or whatever you earn from?
From what I understand, this is a "Club Site" where we, hopefully, help each other, and is not a commercial site to generate income.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Rip, T T is Timetraveller, please read the previous posts, we were discussing a method of establishing speed- would you trust a bicycle speedo to read at 150 mph? Shure as shooting I couldn't, how about you? Roy.