Restoring the last of the series "A" Comets.

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks so far for that guy's, I will see if any others reply as I really need to get this right. I would hate to get the specs wrong especially if others end up with guards that don't fit. The manufacturers seem to have done quite a lot of research and I said I would get some specs from fellow members who actually own these same machines. This is probably the best we can do, and even if they send me a sample, the postage cost would be high, as a return trip from WA to me in Queensland is about 7 to 8 k. A bit like LA to New York................:eek:.............Cheers..........Greg.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
This loading up of pictures is magic. Whats the name of the gent who refurbishes Brampton's as these are heavily pitted, and need to get these done so I can swap with the ones off "Old Harry" which is still in Tasmania.
bananaman

Jake Robbins Vintage Engineering in Hastings UK. He can fix any girder fork you have.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Thank you MSVH Y3, any kind of contact details available, would be appreciated . I do recall a name of "Daniels" who does girder forks.
bananaman.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Thank you MSVH Y3, any kind of contact details available, would be appreciated . I do recall a name of "Daniels" who does girder forks.
bananaman.

Just put Jake Robbins Vintage Engineering into your search engine. All you need for contact and about his buisness will just magically appear.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
bananaman.
Marcus - Ray Daniels 0121 789 8900 I think he was threatening to retire, not sure though, might be worth a try. He did at one time manufacture brand spanking new Series B Bramptons, Steve Campbell in Scotland had a pair, saw them a couple of years ago, really nice job, but not cheap, why would they be? Peter

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
Put me down for a front and rear guard please Greg, I have no guards at all so can give no help with details sorry. let me know if you need cash upfront. Best Regards Andy.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Ok can someone please give me any info as to the shape of the cut on the lower rear of the front guard. The guy's in Western Australia who can make them are asking as from photo's they have seen....... because the front stand is in the way, they can't get a good enough visual of the shape. It is probably the same as the front of the guard, but can someone confirm for me. Many thanks........They are basically able to start making the guards as soon as we have this final detail. At present I have enough interest to make 8 complete sets plus two (2) extra front guards, so if anyone knows of others that might be interested, now is the time to speak up. As a rough guide a set of guards is going to be about $900 AUD plus postage, and I feel it would be easier and cheaper if the guards were sent from the company in WA rather than send them to me and then post on to all, as you can imagine the boxes will be quite large but not heavy. They have also asked me to provide a 50% deposit for the total number up front, which I can cover, but need to sort out from there. It may be easier for some that are going to say the UK, USA, or Canada to pay them directly including postage, and you may not need to pay any GST (taxes) as they are being exported. Any thoughts or ideas welcomed. Cheers................Greg. PS: With this order we get a 10% reduction in price which equates to about $400 for the front guard and $465 for the rear, these are in Aussie dollars.