Rapide/ Black Shadow wanted.

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
At this months Iconic Shuttleworth auction, approx. 90% were below their estimates, prices are dropping on all especially 50s-60s British.
only one of the 3 Rapides actually sold on the Hammer and that below £20,000 !

Martin Hand

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks to Kerry and Frank at motorcycles unlimited I have now managed to get a beautiful Rapide KXM77 really pleased with it, just wondering if their is anyone in the Cheltenham / Gloucestershire area that is ok to do a service on the bike? it is running fine and I can do basics but prefer to leave complicated bits to the guys with knowledge !!

Last edited:

Martin Hand

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
KXM 77

Attachments

• kxm771.png
    kxm771.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 41

kerry

VOC Member
Well done Martin on finding one so fast, this bike was actually left here after the auction, I did ride it after checking things, it seemed all ok to me but a good idea to get someone near you to check it for you if unsure of anything but it is not in need of much in my opinion if anything, it looks to have been very well restored with little use since, that said get someone to check and adjust the brakes properly may be useful
Ride and enjoy.
Kerry

Martin Hand

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Kerry I had it running on Saturday just getting the knack of starting it. I'm going to change the oil, been watching videos on YouTube , not quite like changing the oil on my Honda.!!
Should be someone local to me if I run into problems ,I'm asking around. But everything seems good with the bike so far.
It came with a huge file on the re-build and full history back to 1949. Really pleased with it.
Regards Martin.

kerry

VOC Member
Martin,
Maybe you should join the VOC and perhaps you will have a local section with members who I am sure will help, I saw all the history with the bike and understand there is a DVD of the build too, lucky you, well done.
It will be easy to start once you get the knack.
Kerry.