Rapide/ Black Shadow wanted.

Martin Hand

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi wonder if any one can help ? I sold my Vincent Rapide many years ago to Venture Classics ( Red Chinese Tank) as things were not as good as they are now (Hindsight is a wonderful thing !!!) I am 65 yrs of age and looking for a Rapide or Shadow to keep, not to sell for profit but to keep for the rest of my life, hopefully a long time !!! and for personnel enjoyment, I see Vincents for sale £45k plus at dealers and auction sales for £28k with matching numbers, Not looking for anything on the cheep but just a honest genuine Vincent ( today at iconic auction Reg KXM 77+ £28.5k commission) this was up for £42k at Conway but was put into auction !!!
If there is anyone looking to sell a genuine Vincent, matching numbers ? then please contact me, I am not to good at mechanics ( I can change oil etc) but very good at polishing and TLC and it would be going to a good home for life and cash awaiting.
I live in the Cheltenham area but would travel throught out the UK for the right bike.
Regards Martin.

Last edited:

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The auction one today was very very nice and cheap, pity you did not get it, but apparently did not sell and tonight they are offering it at £38500 as is the other with its side car !
The other B series did not reach £20,000 ! it looked nice but had re stamped frames ?
Rapides do seem to fetch around £33000 ish now with prices falling on matching numbers ones
Shadows have been very few and far in the last 3 years hence holding up better, around £60,000 for a good matching one, seems odd that they fetch so much more than Rapides but they were getting £80,000 at the peak.
Be careful on your searches and contact Simon before buying.
Good luck.
Kerry.

Last edited:

Martin Hand

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi wonder if any one can help ? I sold my Vincent Rapide many years ago to Venture Classics ( Red Chinese Tank) as things were not as good as they are now (Hindsight is a wonderful thing !!!) I am 65 yrs of age and looking for a Rapide or Shadow to keep, not to sell for profit but to keep for the rest of my life, hopefully a long time !!! and for personnel enjoyment, I see Vincents for sale £45k plus at dealers and auction sales for £28k with matching numbers, Not looking for anything on the cheep but just a honest genuine Vincent ( today at iconic auction Reg KXM 77+ £28.5k commission) this was up for £42k at Conway but was put into auction !!!
If there is anyone looking to sell a genuine Vincent, matching numbers ? then please contact me, I am not to good at mechanics ( I can change oil etc) but very good at polishing and TLC and it would be going to a good home for life and cash awaiting.
I live in the Cheltenham area but would travel throught out the UK for the right bike.
Regards Martin.
Hi Kerry, thank you for your reply and advice, I was going to register on the auction but never doing it before was a little wary, but will do it next time and take your advice and contact Simon beforehand.
I see motorcycles unlimited has one Black Shadow for sale at £49.995 and another for £80k so a little confused at the price difference!!
I may contact Simon and ask if the £50k would be a good genuine purchase.
Once again thanks for your advice.
Regards Martin.

kerry

VOC Member
Hi Kerry, thank you for your reply and advice, I was going to register on the auction but never doing it before was a little wary, but will do it next time and take your advice and contact Simon beforehand.
I see motorcycles unlimited has one Black Shadow for sale at £49.995 and another for £80k so a little confused at the price difference!!
I may contact Simon and ask if the £50k would be a good genuine purchase.
Once again thanks for your advice.
Regards Martin.
Martin
Please send me a phone number, or email if possible.
Kerry

CarlHungness

VOC Member
Why would one have to have a matching numbers bike? I happen to own one but didn't know it was matching numbers at the time I bought it, and didn't know there was such a thing. There are plenty of machines without matching numbers that I fell confident will run just as well as the matching numbers bikes. The matching numbers bikes will have the same oil leaks, same clutch problems as one that has been assembled from parts. There are so many fabulous re-manufactured parts available today that this quarter couldn't give a hoot whether the numbers on a machine match or not Someone in the UK 'discovered' the number to my machine, built a 'clone' and passed it off as a matching numbers bike and the buyer found out about the ruse and I believe the case is now headed to court. Then again, I don't doubt the clone is just as good a machine as mine and it seems a shame a builder would break the law for a few dollars more. Of course I feel sorry for the buyer and have provided photos of my numbers to aid in the prosecution of the fool who scammed the buyer.