poor quality repop silencers

Texas John

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Dear John,
If you look at the table the 2" dimension is the inlet stub length of the Spares Co silencer against 1⅝" for the Armours stainless item.
The inlet stub and and tailpipe inide diameter are both 1⅝" as stated in the last line of the table.

Thank you for pointing out that I had misread the chart. My brain got stuck on inlet and the "stub" part, indicating length, went past me.

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
Simon - Thank you for mentioning that you have been happy with the silencer from Armours. I had noticed they make one and the price is very good. Does anyone offer one in Stainless Steel? Age and Time have taught me to prefer it if available, even though typically a bit more expensive.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have used the Armour chrome silencer on the Rapide for over 25 years, used in rain snow etc and the chrome is still good. The bracket on the Armours silencer is bolted to the body by two studs welded to the silencer. The bracket is slotted to allow for differences in height. I have followed Andrew Walker who was on one of his Comets and it really went well, but slightly noisy, he has a Armours silencer fitted and claims the absorption baffle helps as it free flowing. On a twin they are a lot quiter due to been two into one exhaust. Best bit is they are only £73.
https://www.armoursltd.co.uk/product/silencer-vincent-comet-rapide/

I wouldn't recommend Armours exhausts for easy fit though.
Simon
The stainless Armours one has a bigger hole in the middle, Better ex' flow !, and welded bracket, But I think the tail pipe looks too long, So I cut a bit off, And I think nearer to £100. Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Simon - Thank you for mentioning that you have been happy with the silencer from Armours. I had noticed they make one and the price is very good. Does anyone offer one in Stainless Steel? Age and Time have taught me to prefer it if available, even though typically a bit more expensive.
Not sure what they stock now, The chap who ran the place sadly died last year. Cheers Bill.

nkt267

VOC Member
I mentioned to them about the stainless systems for a comet and i think they are in hand,which hand and what month remains to be seen..John

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
I emailed Armour sales; they replied that price is £89.50 for Stainless Model (+ shipping £60 (Not sure how to get around that)). They said they have them and to order off web site but it is not listed there. Awaiting for them to fix it so I can order one.

nkt267

VOC Member
I emailed Armour sales; they replied that price is £89.50 for Stainless Model (+ shipping £60 (Not sure how to get around that)). They said they have them and to order off web site but it is not listed there. Awaiting for them to fix it so I can order one.
I rang them a couple of months ago to get one..They had the silencer but not the front pipe and you need both as the silencer stub is 35thou bigger than the standard exhaust pipe. if they are both in stock I'm phoning today..John

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I rang them a couple of months ago to get one..They had the silencer but not the front pipe and you need both as the silencer stub is 35thou bigger than the standard exhaust pipe. if they are both in stock I'm phoning today..John
I have a stainless one on my Comet and also one on my L/ning, Not been a problem fitting to chrome pipes, Cheers Bill.