Pazon Smart Fire

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm not sure what it is either, but from the one photo, it looks like the Kirby Rowbotham unit, but I think Goffy and one or two others also sell something like it.

H

ps If it's what I think it is the Pazon will go straight in.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
that stirs the Grey cells Howard I think you are right,anyway off with her cover and it does look like a straight swap of trigger and rotor may be possible
for those that may need to know the two wires from the boyer were wired blue to black/ white and brown to black /yellow
more tomorrow in my leisurely task
vining2.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
well tomorrow was a long time coming (working on Vincents holds up working on Vincents) however I found that the Pazon parts swap easily with the Boyer parts (not supprising since they both have to match the original Lucas item)
I set the timing up to my guestimate for my CR and it would not start then I read the instructions (whoever reads them first :) ) and unlike the Boyer the Pazon is fussy which trigger wire goes where (they are marked but I lost the 50:50 gamble) after rewiring to the correct terminals it started first kick.
The Pazon has a handy degree marking on its 'stator' plate so I retarded it a touch to get a non spitting slow tickover. Now the open road and a slow advance of setting till she pinks and the back off a tad.
lets hope the Pazon lives up to its 7year warranty

Howard

VOC Member
Any idea where it's firing/? My Pazon Surefire is "apparently" at 45 BTDC and never pinked yet.

H

ps - Why do you say "pinked"? My Dad always said "pinked", and that's what I've grown up saying, but when I read articles on tinternet they tend to say "pinged" and that makes more sense, since it's a sort of pinging noise, so I thought I'd heard wrong.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
Pinked it most certainly is
been Pinked since before I bought my first Rapide for £65
In fact before I bought my first Comet for £15 and a spare engine from Didcot for £5
Ping? that went with pong in the days when Table tennis was a game not a sport
(actually as Hemmingway said there are only 2 sports bull fighting and motorsport all the rest are games and since animal rights got to Spain, the H&S gang got at formula 1 and we dont do moto GP in "will it rain " weather that only leaves Ireland and the TT :)

vibrac

VOC Member
Correct for USA that explains it
divided forever by a common language
Assuming I could ever afford to come over to a VOC USA event again I will use it
untill then in the UK I will continue to advance untill I hear her pinking

and I thought hardly ablesons ponged :)

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Correct for USA that explains it
divided forever by a common language
Assuming I could ever afford to come over to a VOC USA event again I will use it
untill then in the UK I will continue to advance untill I hear her pinking

and I thought hardly ablesons ponged :)

Do Japanesse bikes PLING or PLINK?:confused: