Pazon Smart Fire

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Of course talking Magneto vis Electronic there is one alternative not discussed
the weak point of electronic is it cant be fixed by the roadside
the weak point on a mag is that damm ATD
Looking at the Comet I have a mag on the shelf with a manual advance and retard I just have this feeling that a thumb with a brain behind it that knows the bike and engine ,the load it carries and can see the road ahead is better than any collection of springs and bob weights or even a curve embedded on a PCB.
just a thought

indianken

Non-VOC Member
I agree with you about the ATD. It's a hand grenade just waiting it's chance to cause mayhem in the timing chest.

But I disagree with you about a road side repair. I have found that the same module is used in this VW ignition conversion kit.

http://www.hot-spark.com/

I purchased a kit like that here in the USA for just over $50.00. I am keeping the module out of it as a spare to carry with me. By the roadside, unclipping two wires and removing two Allen screws, I can change out the module in about two minutes. (Faster in the rain)

Cheers,
Ken Smith
His 1916 Indian, gas lamp and Ken playing the fool..jpg

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Roadside ignition repairs.

Of course talking Magneto vis Electronic there is one alternative not discussed
the weak point of electronic is it cant be fixed by the roadside
the weak point on a mag is that damm ATD
Looking at the Comet I have a mag on the shelf with a manual advance and retard I just have this feeling that a thumb with a brain behind it that knows the bike and engine ,the load it carries and can see the road ahead is better than any collection of springs and bob weights or even a curve embedded on a PCB.
just a thought

Ah, the mythical roadside fix comes to our stranded riders aid. :)

If I have a problem on the road I always try to fix it myself so that I can continue my journey. In truth whatever your choice of ignition system there is often little you can do at the roadside to fix a significant ignition problem if you do not have replacement parts.
I am a fan of magnetos but other than clean up the points or adjust them. On some magnetos you may be able to change a faulty capacitor if that is the problem but on a standard Vincent magneto the capacitor is buried inside the armature and I have never seen one of those replaced at the roadside. I haven't seen an armature rewound at the roadside either. In this respect I don't think that electronic is worse (or better) than a conventional magneto.
Whatever the source of your spark the best safeguard to the travelling man (or woman) is reasonable easy to carry spare components and failing that a mobile telephone and rescue service subscription. Your View May Vary.:)

scotty53

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Don't do it.I did 2 race meetings and no spark,pazon would not accept their glue fell off the trigger.I had to buy another one,this one has different glue and more of it,warranty means nothing to them.he tried to blame me,Tri-spark for my next engine,half the price and made in Australia.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Don't do it.I did 2 race meetings and no spark,pazon would not accept their glue fell off the trigger.I had to buy another one,this one has different glue and more of it,warranty means nothing to them.he tried to blame me,Tri-spark for my next engine,half the price and made in Australia.
I had a similar experience with Pazon - but in my case I was able to extract a full refund of the cost of the unit - but not the cost of multiple postages to and from NZ.