Pazon Smart Fire

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My experience with atd units is if they are worn out it is very special to rebush all the parts to standard.On my early Commmando I had problems with the points and the atd unit and I changed for Boyer more than 30 years ago.And beside all other problems this system never failed and the bike is running really good. On the Rapide I have the new BTH ignition because I wanted to have it independent from the generator and battery. Until now it works fine. Erik

oexing

VOC Member
I like my ATD when they are well made and not on the drive side of a magneto. Yes, minmal play of cam on its spindle is critical when you only got 0.40 mm contact breaker gap. So for multicylinder engines with a lot of wear on contacts I want non-contact electronics. Lucas Lumenition was one of the infrared sensor types, I get my low price same tech ignition from here in Bavaria. With infrared sensors wear in ATD is no problem but you have to fabricate the sensor plate according to your engine, with one, four, six wings on it for each cylinder. So I don´t worry about any "curves" in ignition settings as the ATD does same like before and it easy to check on the engine. The first photo below shows the complete set of "blackbox" on the single Horex Regina 460 at upper left side and next photo the sensor in the 6 cylinder distributor on the Capri 2.3 l . The set is € 130.- and the blackbox the size of a matchbox. So you can have a spare in the toolbox in case . . .

Vic
IMG00063.JPG

P1090424.JPG

vibrac

VOC Member
I am well impressed with the tri spark fire box pro dual plug ignition with a map-able curve and rev limiter, I doubt if for racing it could be improved on, but of course you pay for such efficiency. For road use there are other tri spark products and my experience is that a BTH electronic mag should be and is quite effective enough

oexing

VOC Member
Well, mappable curves in racing. A friend busy in racing knows guys with bikes and practically no curves at all in electronics. Maybe a retarded setting for starting and after its full advance all the way. And the bike is fast obviously. So I would not think in racing it matters a lot with "curves" . On public roads it is quite different , so I love my simple flyweight ATDs , hate electronic complications.
Electric current is a funny stuff, you don´t see it but it can do dramatic effects . . ..

Vic