I suppose for once they were correct

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My
One of my log books for a motorcycle had vehicle type as
Two wheeled articulated vehicle
I suppose for once they were correct
My Black Knight's V5 shows it as a 2 axle rigid bodied vehicle. Are these an indication that someone at the DVLA has a sense of humour?

Howard

VOC Member
In the late 60s I used to see a Norvin at scrambles meetings (Motocross hadn't been invented) around the North Staffs area - owner spectating not competing. It was a very standard looking Dominator with a bathtub backend, and a Rapide engine. I didn't know anything about Vins then, and I've never seen it, or heard of it, since. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

ericg

VOC Member
Morning Eric, Can we see both sides of your Bike, In bigger photos !, I can't see too much in your avatar.
Cheers Bill.
Sure Bill, here they are. Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for my son to help me with this...
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Les Thomson

Non-VOC Member
In the late 60s I used to see a Norvin at scrambles meetings (Motocross hadn't been invented) around the North Staffs area - owner spectating not competing. It was a very standard looking Dominator with a bathtub backend, and a Rapide engine. I didn't know anything about Vins then, and I've never seen it, or heard of it, since. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
Quasi Moto's name rings a bell :cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mike 40M

VOC Member
Anyone have a source for an old style Norvin combination gas/oil tank for a Norvin build?
You can find some on eBay, search Norton Manx in motorcycle parts, from India.
By the way, I visited an old Vincent guy yesterday but didn't take any pictures of either the Norvin, the Egli nor the B-rap. A bit off-topic, he told me the only one Fritz built with GP-carbs was the exhibition bike, he never got it properly adjusted so he didn't use them any more on the road bikes.

Last edited by a moderator: