New Terry Prince billet frame

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Cannot get this new site to work properly from the Tablet for some reason. It likes to lock up after 50 words or so. Perhaps there is a built in brevity app:)Was going to finish by saying I will/wire this sped up Alton such that the battery can be bypassed by a switch. This will be useful in the event that my Li battery goes flat, something that has occurred several times already.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The new sight worked better then great for a few days, about 6 days ago things changed and not for the better. Slowed a lot and when going to place to place I get a white screen and have to leave sight and try to reconnect taking several tries .

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I will/wire this sped up Alton such that the battery can be bypassed by a switch. This will be useful in the event that my Li battery goes flat, something that has occurred several times already.
If you are going to do that then I would switch in a capacitor instead of the battery. The regulator output is not a true DC voltage, it is rectified AC. Any electronic ignition system will hate this and I can't imagine it doing the regulator much good either. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Nor...Parts_Accessories&hash=item54033c81c0&vxp=mtr

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Thanks Trevor, that looks like a good item to add
Peter, I sent an email thru to Bob Kizer of Podtronics on the no battery ignition question, perhaps it won't work with EI or might require a capacitor, as you suggest. Back to the blue thing on a/spring .

davidd

VOC Member
Recent photos of a frame kit from Terry. A few changes from the prototype above:

TPV Billet Frame 5_2015_67.jpg

TPV Billet Frame 5_2015_28.jpg

David

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Very nice, almost a shame to cover it up. I'm looking at the oil route, it appears to return through the smaller hole at the front, with a stand pipe to the hole in the angled baffle, along the upper chamber to the rear, through the rear baffle, but I can't see how it gets back to the supply fitting. Of course I have most likely missed it? Regards. Roy.