New Terry Prince billet frame

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Graham, can you tell us about the Egli? The starter mechanism looks very interesting, who supplied that?
Also what components are in the engine?
thanks
Glen

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
Hi Glen

The starter on my engine is Grosset Starter. Terry had to do a lot of machining,filing, swearing to get it all to fit and work properly. Probably to do with the 5 speed Surtee's box fitted.
Crank is Terry's 94mm stroke with his 92mm top end kits. Mk 5 cams and radiused followers. Twin start oil pump. Ignition is by Pazon twin spark programmable electronic. Newby 40mm belt drive, which means I need to make up a primary cover as there is no way a standard one will fit. Alton alternator.
I have 2 pairs of Gardner flatslides, 32 and 36mm, which I'm going to try to use.
It's taken nearly 10 yrs to get to this stage, slowly collecting parts. The first things I bought, some HRD valve covers, aren't even being used :)
Still got a long way to go, I now need to find someone in Australia to build me a swing arm that I have in mind.

cheers

Graham

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
The Pazon programmable must be a new product. I purchased their twin plug high output setup which has double the spark energy of their regular two plug head Vincent twin ignition, but programmable was not yet available (last year) After much discussion with Andy and some input from Bob Dunn, we decided to go with 28 Degrees advance, which may still turn out to be too much. So the programmable would be very nice.

Does Grosset build a stronger setup for the big bore engine, or is this the same starter as used on standard engines?

Glen

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
From memory (everything has been at Terry's for a while ) it has 3 different settings.
The starter is the standard with a better sprag and the valve lifter mech modified by Terry to work with the starter better. I'd been trying to get a starter setup from Steve Hamel but in the end that didn't happen.

Graham

Brian Thompson

Non-VOC Member
"Newby 40mm belt drive, which means I need to make up a primary cover as there is no way a standard one will fit. "

Hello Graham,
While your making your side cover, if it's not too difficult I'd like two also?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
brt650
P.S Just send it to the same place the Exhaust nuts and inlet manifold went?

Brian Thompson

Non-VOC Member
Hello Graham,
I don't know what happened above. I must have pressed send twice. More importantly is I only want 2 side covers not four if you read it twice.
Thanks
brt650

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I would never get lowered into a grave without first donning a fullface helmet. Open face just doesnt cut it. You really wonder about people's percepton of safety. Not suprising at all that he is dead!
Glen

dagriise@online.no

Non-VOC Member
Glen,
Long time.. havnt got around to giving you a report on the Grosset starter fitment.. It worked out ok, though it took some work to get it in properly. It fired the engine ok, though the two Shorai batteries seem to be working a little "overtime".. (generally cranked the engine, but had a few "stallings") Am working on finding out if the batteries are ok, or not... Graham, there was some Dutch member who was at making a primary cover to fit the belt inside. Think there were some pictures up somewhere on the picture section on the website. Guess you never had any luck in getting your swing arm from "you know who"..? Colin Taylor will be perfectly capable of making you one!

Regards Dag