Misc: Everything Else H.T. Coils

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes, But I don't get out much, There is not much where I live and I might miss Netley Marsh auto jumble this year, My local bloke stocks the Single type caps, So I will pick up a few of those and another twin lead coil for stock !. Once again, If I can run a wasted spark, Why bother ?. Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Bill, You and Len have proved it works on a Twin, But without setting it up on a Comet engine, I am not sure how it would work using a Twin Dist' Cam on a single, It must be different, Depending which lobe I set it on ?, I wish I was Clever !, I should have gone to School !.
Sorry for giving you this problem. Cheers Bill.

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
It would still be the same principle, your wasted spark would either be + or - 50 degrees on the wrong stroke depending which cam you time it on, which will not cause any problems.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
If you check page 151 ( in my edition) of Know thy Beast, it describes how to set up a Comet with a D twin distributor. It requires a single cylinder cam profile change, no rotor and a plain cap. I think this is what you were asking?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It would still be the same principle, your wasted spark would either be + or - 50 degrees on the wrong stroke depending which cam you time it on, which will not cause any problems.
Many thanks Bill, You are a top Man.
Hello Ron, The thing is I have a few twin cam type, And was wanting to use them, If it was poss', On Brother Ron's and also my next build 560.
Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
I have read somewhere that an idle spark does cause some loss of performance..... Oh to have a memory

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Not sure about the Comets, But my Special could do with a few less BHP, It's not good for my Licence !.
Don't know if it's the big Carb's or the gearing, It's always 5 to 10 mph faster than I think, The gearing is 22 gearbox sprocket and 48 rear, I thought that would be back to standard ish, But it might be higher ?.
I use the same speedo " Bicycle Type" head on all the bikes, So it's not that.
It's making a funny engine noise, But just wants to Fly.
Lovely to ride with Brakes again !, And not worry too much about potholes, It's so different.
Cheers Bill.