Check your ESA nut

Brian Magee

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
So an ESA is actualy an SAN (shock absorber nut) or PD7. Do I pass my test for the Vincent Owners secret society ??? I suppose at least it got me reading my parts book.

Brian

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The amazing part is that all three of us agreed with our answers! That is so rare with things Vincent.

The really amazing thing is that 2 other people agreed with my answer ............... it must have been a really easy question. :)

H

Sebastian Huber

VOC Member
Hello Brian, hello b`knighted,

thanks for explanations even I won`t ever catch all this specialied short cuts with my bavarian based 3rd class English. (haven`t simply had the heart to ask again but picture of ESA -/ SAN with the crack was important.

Feel my skills as mechanics are quite good but in total Vincent rate in my workshop is rather low because of time I need to follow technical threads in Forum.
But definitely this Forum works great!

Thanks to all experts for exchanging experiences!

Sebastian
Bavaria, Germany

This forum and all the guys which shared there experiences

norvin998

VOC Member
This is bringing back painful memories sept07 007.jpghex.jpg

norvin998

VOC Member
Luckily, I was on my way home from a rally, so it didn't ruin my weekend. I lost drive whilst pulling away from a rest stop, assumed the chain had snapped, looked down and....oh dear!
I had to be taken home by a breakdown service.
It didn't take too long to replace the cover, nut and primary drive chain.
Les.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Hi Les,

After the hexagon has removed itself, how difficult was it to remove the cylindrical part of the nut?

Cheers,