Bonneville

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If ? you are going to get lower speeds, Why the hell do you go to such a place, We have had 200mph runs in the UK on air fields, Only you might need a front brake !! Greetings Kurt, Well Done, My road bike ran 12 to 1 pistons on petrol, We had (5 star petrol ) About 102 octane ,36 mm Delorto carbs and a special 2 into 1 home made exhaust, I built a L/ning Rep' later and it was never as fast, I had to use 9 to 1 pistons because the petrol was not as good, but I think that Exhaust was super on the road bike, It was done on standard gearing, After I made the gearing higher, it did 136mph. These were only oneway runs. All The Best Bill.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I've heard Max isn't going to run the Streamliner anymore... Hopefully, it's not true. I never met a man more dedicated in time and treasure to his Vincent than Max.
The Salt Gremlins never gave him a chance at a good, clean run, not even once. If you haven't seen this amazing Vincent, you can not appreciate what one completly dedicated man can build in his garage at home. Max certainly paid his dues and should have got that 300 mph run his liner was so capable of. In my opinion, Max is truly one of the great Vincent competitors, he just never got that good, clean run in. Bonneville won't be the same without the Lambky Liner.
Cheers, John

Flylow

VOC Member
I've heard Max isn't going to run the Streamliner anymore... Hopefully, it's not true. I never met a man more dedicated in time and treasure to his Vincent than Max.
The Salt Gremlins never gave him a chance at a good, clean run, not even once. If you haven't seen this amazing Vincent, you can not appreciate what one completly dedicated man can build in his garage at home. Max certainly paid his dues and should have got that 300 mph run his liner was so capable of. In my opinion, Max is truly one of the great Vincent competitors, he just never got that good, clean run in. Bonneville won't be the same without the Lambky Liner.
Cheers, John

I need to "chime in" here as I totally agree with the above. It certainly is not for a lack of effort that Max haven't seen high speeds at Bonneville (even though 230 mph or so is not bad). We are many that keep our fingers crossed that Max will be back for 'one good run'!

On another note: How about John Renwick, he also built his own stream liner, brought it to Bonneville and saw 189 mph through the timed mile while the tyres were breaking apart. His rider Damian kept his cool and completed the run, broken tyres and all - well done!!

Here is to higher speeds next year.
Cheers
-Kurt

vincati

Forum User
VOC Member
The Lambky liner

The Black Lightning liner turned its best speed unofficially several years ago when it saw some high rpm in second gear. At that time 1st was good for just short of 220; 2nd was capable of around 290. It must have turned somewhere around 280 mph on that run. I've always wished the rider had shifted into 3d gear and let it go. If all would go well, that machine has the capability to exceed 400 mph--but all never does go well at Bonneville.

I agree with Ulver. Max has put forth the ultimate effort, and he deserves some recognition for that.