Bonhams Lightning.

Alyson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
the fuel line is also not attached, see other side. Lots to do on this, not road ready in present condition.

daevideo

VOC Member
Does this mean that Richard Thompsons modern folk tale of speed woman and death from Rumour and Sigh is about one machine sent to Singapore? Perhaps he followed the above research.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Interesting to see Alan Cathcart riding the Ehret Lightning, the front suspension is so supple compared to standard Vincent.
I wonder, when Alan Cathcart rode the Ehret Lightning, had it already been sympathetically restored by Patrick Godet, Patrick would not have "modernised" the Girdraulic Forks, I am certain of that, but he would have ensured that the standard set up was functioning as good as it possibly could, I very much doubt that there are very many Vincents currently on the road with perfectly set up forks, and there will be even less in the future as our well known experts either retire, or cease to work on Vincents within an acceptable time frame.

timetraveller

VOC Member
There are two videos on here of twins with the JE steering stem. One is from Chris Launders and the other from the Tilleys You will see that the front ends on those bikes are also very flexible, but with the use of a modern damper, even better controlled.