H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Alloy brake plate dimensions Help….

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes, I did use the stock cam bushings.

I could not find the dimensions in an email either, so I probably wrote them down and forgot to give them to you. If you want any dimensions I have a plate sitting at the shop. I also have a set of front plates at the shop.

David

Cyborg

VOC Member
Only if you have time. The locals will probably give me the Brooklyn Stomp for not just figure out myself.
You sent the email in 2020…. I actually thought it was worse than that. I am throttling things up a bit. The bride is taking note of the visa bill…

I have bushings coming, it’s the support I was wondering about. Litnman doesn’t have them on his, so I’m guessing the Flash doesn’t either?

3C679992-AF23-4830-899A-4819DB372D16.jpeg8B23B19F-7BA4-46A0-8115-52D5EC88C199.jpeg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The rear alloy plate sits inside the drum,
Because of the chain sprocket,
And has the bush and plate shown above , All built in to the plate, A large boss !.

Attachments

• bikes 250 (2).jpg
    bikes 250 (2).jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 22

Cyborg

VOC Member
Bill… your sprocket adapter….
Do you know if there was a sprocket adapter available from the factory or were they all carved out by customers?
If they did come from the factory, does anyone have a photo?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Ken,
The L/ning had 2 Ribbed Drums, Same as Shadow, Also for the rear !, H1/6R, And has 10 bolt holes !!!!,
I would not use those, I think 5 are enough ?.

This is an OLD dog eared spares list !,
I think at some time the factory must have made up an Adapter ?.

Mine was made by a friend, I use another by I think another friend , But not sure,
Long time ago !!.

But again , You could use a drum for the size , To make yours out of alloy / Dural ?.
One of mine was made up of 2 parts, MORE EASY ? , I Could take a better photo if you like.
Cheers Bill.
More Shavings :) .

Cyborg

VOC Member
Thanks Bill,
I have a drawing with all the dimensions that David sent me a while back. Figured if I’m making one, I could make it look like the factory version if there ever was such a thing.
You’re probably thinking that I’m starting to sound more like a cake decorator.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just wish I was as Clever as you Ken !,
And had a good Lathe, Don't know where you blokes get all the metal from ?,
There is nothing near me where I can get off cuts.

Lathes frighten me !, I can still see Smithy, Ron's friend being drawn closer and closer the the lathe bed,
With his Baggy Jumper caught in something, Don't know who got to the switch, Ron I think ?,
Smithy was holding himself away, As best poss ' with both hands !!,
Lucky it was an old lathe with a slippy belt !.

Take Care , Cheers Bill.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Don’t assume I know what I’m doing Bill. It’s an allusion.

I never worried about the small lathe too much, but since I dragged big Bertha home, I have a whole new respect for machinery. It has enough HP and swing that it could wrap my whole body around the chuck, extrude me into the chip tray and wash me down the coolant drain.
Not long ago I was lining something up on the little lathe and reached over to turn the drive pulley by hand. I managed to bump the conveniently located switch (see above photo) with my chest. The v belt was instantly derailed by my finger. It hurt! Absolutely no idea why it wasn’t broken or worse, but no real damage. I was even more surprised when I went to put the belt back on ( much later) because it was obvious there wasn’t any slack and the tension was “tight”
I do like making things, sometimes it’s more fun than actually assembling the bike. Trouble is… it slows me down. Need to finish this thing.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think we all need a reminder , Doing this stuff,
I had a Late friend , Doddy, Recut some Specialloid ring lands ,
He was well trained, I felt sure the piston would FLY out , But he was very good,
Super to watch a top man.